Friday, November 23, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

We have had a pretty busy week, as I am sure most of you have! Monday was the last really warm day of the year here, so Arden, my sister Val and I decided to go to the zoo! We had a really great time looking at the animals and enjoying the great weather! It got up near 70 degrees that day, and today the high was 35. Arden liked the white alligator, the elephants and the bears best. I always liked the giraffes :). We took some pictures of Arden with the turkeys that wander around the Hogle Zoo in honor of Thanksgiving.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's house (Preston's parents are still out of the country on a mission). We were assigned to bring sweet potatoes and a pie. Preston is the best cook out of the two of us, so he was in charge, but I helped. The sweet potatoes we made were great. We decided to make two pies, and it was a good thing because only one turned out to be usable :).

We had lots of fun at my parents' house on Thanksgiving. It was a pretty small affair (just us, my parents, Val, B.J., Amanda and her husband Matt), but it was cozy. We ate lots of food, watched lots of football, took little naps (all except Arden), and played a little pool on the table downstairs. Thanksgiving is an awesome holiday, I wish we could have it more often!

Hope all of you had great Thanksgivings too!

No comments: