I thought it would be fun to find an embarrassing picture of Preston to post here, but I couldn't really find any. This is as good as I could do. Here is Preston and my sister Val playing "Dance Dance Revolution" at Disneyland. He doesn't have the most rhythm in the world, but he tried hard! He was so excited that he won!
This week has been pretty quiet around the Zaugg house. Thankfully, we haven't had any huge paint disasters or anything :) Arden is becoming quite a reader. She has always loved to hear stories before naps and bedtime, but lately she "reads" the stories to herself all day long. It is so funny. She knows a lot of her books practically by heart, so she sits and turns the pages and says the words she remembers. Here she is reading "Dumbo" earlier today:
She is saying things like "Dubbo" "Fyying" "Fwap" "Ears" to herself. It is probably just as good as I do when I "read" her that book, because it is actually in Hungarian! Preston brought a bunch of Disney stories back from his mission, so I am just faking my way through "reading" the stories to her and telling her what I am guessing the words are saying based on the pictures.
We had a playdate at our house earlier in the week, and Arden was so excited to show all of her books to her friends. Arden had been up in her room with a bunch of kids for a few minutes while us moms chatted downstairs. I went up to check on her, and she had everyone sitting on the floor with a book. She was running from kid to kid, telling them what their books were about. It was so funny.
Hope you all have a great week!
11 comments:
Reading to your children is the best gift you can gave to them and I think is so sweet of Arden reading to her friends. She been taught well!
How fun to go on vacation and also celebrate a birthday! Hope you and your family have a safe and fun vacation.
P.S. I think the expression on Preston's face winning is pricless.
Happy Birthday Preston. We should make sure we get more steak when you get home :-) But have fun in your tropical paradise. I still think you would have had a lot more fun if you had taken me so you could both go scuba diving. I make a great nanny (you wouldn't even have to pay me, just put me up in your hotel and buy the airfare)
Love your Blog Chrys!
Happy Birthday Preston!! I hope you guys have a great trip!
Happy Birthday Preston! Have a fun vacation, what a great present.
Where's your vacation? I think Preston is brave. I wouldn't do dance dance revolution all by myself let alone in front of people. Have a fun trip!
If you ever need a reasonably embarassing photo Preston, I've been saving one for years.
Just wanted to wish Preston a Happy day from those of us in St. Louis! Have so much fun on your well deserved vacation...soak up some sun for me.
Happy Birthday Preston! We hope you had a blast on your vacation, you SO deserve it! :)
What a great way to celebrate a birthday, makes it memorable for years to come. Sunshine and warm, light blue ocean water sounds good right now. Talk to you later.
It looks like Preston knows what he is doing. It takes talent to do that. I took dance for most of my life and I still stink at that game. Arden is a cutie pie too. You all are blessed to have each other. I hope you guys get another child sooner than later and that someone will know what great parents you are, Just by seeing how happy Arden is.
Happy Birthday, Preston! We may have to go for steak! We've celebrated the February men, and should celebrate the April guy! Chrystie, no pressure, but we are looking forward to pictures of the Cayman Islands! Like Amanda, I would be willing to nanny for ya in the future! tee-hee. Love ya! Mom
Post a Comment