Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Arden's First Snowman!

Arden has always been kind of a wussie when it comes to being cold. Not as big of a wussie as I am, but pretty close. Last winter, she would usually last about 5 minutes outside in the snow before crying to go back in the house. This winter she been a little bit better (except for the time we went to see the lights at temple square, see my previous post!) and has enjoyed playing in the snow a couple of times while I have been shoveling the driveway.
Tonight it was so warm (33 whole degrees!! Seems warm after the single digits we had a couple of days ago) and I noticed while shoveling the driveway that the snow was perfect "snowman snow." So, I bundled Arden up and we headed outside to build her first real snowman. She immediately named him George (even when he was just a snowball) and was very excited about the whole process since she had seen snowmen in other people's yards. She was a great helper and loved to roll the snowballs around the yard. Here is George-the-snowman!

It has been quite a few years since I last made a snowman, and I think I made his head too big. But, after we were all done I asked Arden how the snowman looked, and she said "he wooks pitty good!" I guess that means I did ok. Arden did great, but by the end she was ready to come inside. As we were putting in George's arms, Arden was chanting "Wets go in a house! Wets go in a house!" It could have had something to do with the fact that she took off her gloves so she could eat some of the carrots we used for George's nose out of and some of the pretzels we were using for his mouth. Oh well. I saved enough to make some kind of face. By the way, what the heck do you make snowmen's mouths out of, I can't remember!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey - I recognize that scarf. George looks great. I don't know what you make the mouth out of. I think we used to use milk lids and just put them in a smile shape.

The Zaugg family said...

thats so fun! ardin is so cute!

Roy said...

He looks kind of like Jack Nicholson.

Leslie said...

What a great snowman! The best part is that Arden had fun!

Brindy said...

I love your snowman! Yeah, I never know what to make the mouth out of -- I say whatever you have on hand. Food is always good as I'm sure animals will come eat it after it's all melted. :) That's so cute that she named him. Great job Arden!

Kirstin Schmidt said...

Love the snowman!! It's sad when they melt! I think Isaac almost lost it last year when his friend when away! It was like someone had died. You guys did a great job! Fun, fun, fun!