Sorry I missed my "at-least-one-post-every-week" goal. I will repent and do better this week. I seem to be running around like crazy all day every day, but nothing terribly exciting happens...my life is just full of baths, bottles, naps, burps, smiles, horsey-rides, time-outs, hugs, tantrums, gymnastics, stories, parks, play dates, diapers, snacks, etc. etc. etc. Anyway....
.
A week or two ago, I fed Cora a bottle right before I went to bed around 11:00 p.m. We were all done and in bed around 11:30. I quickly went to sleep hoping I could get at least four or maybe even (gasp!) FIVE hours of sleep in a row...something that hasn't happened had too much for the last 3 months or so. To our surprise, Cora slept until nearly 6:00 a.m.! I was so happy! "Hooray!" I thought, "She can sleep through the night! Life will be so much easier from now on!" The next night she did nearly the same thing. I thought we were home-free!
I was wrong.

Since those couple of blissful days, Corbie has been getting up at 3 a.m., 4 a.m., 5 a.m., whatever, and LOUDLY demanding to eat. This morning she was up around 4:30 or 4:45 a.m. and was so loud she woke up Daxton, and he never really went back to sleep.
I know I shouldn't complain. I have friends with babies who didn't sleep through the night until after they were one year old, and Cora isn't even 4 months old yet. But you have to agree that she shouldn't play with my emotions like that, right? It is just cruel to tease me with false hopes of a full night's sleep (or something close) and then just pull the rug out from under me!
But who can be mad at this face?
Maybe tonight will be the night! :)
4 comments:
I'm hoping for you. Luke played me like a yo-yo as well but I think we are there finally!
Oh she is cute! Sleep or no sleep - those little smiles are worth it! :)
I totally feel for you and hope soon she gets over it and let the whole family sleep. GOOD LUCK!
Update: Sunday night she slept from 11:30p.m. until 6:30a.m.! Her best ever! Unfortunately, last night, she only made it until 5:00a.m., but luckily for me, Preston fed her the 5 a.m. bottle so I got to stay in bed :)
Post a Comment