Friday, August 7, 2009

Hewwow, would anyone like some wawa?

Daxton is really starting to talk a lot more these last few weeks. I didn't realize how many words he uses until I started making a list of them for an email I am going to send to his birth mom. Sometimes he even makes whole sentences...if you consider "MO NANA!" (More banana!) a sentence, which of course I do. And I am COMPLETELY unbiased.

I was trying to get a few of his words on video, but the little guy usually won't hold still for more than 2 seconds at a time. I did manage to get a few of them out of him though, see video clip below. (warning: Dax threw a little something unplanned into the middle of the clip, but Preston thought it was funny so I left it in. So if your delicate sensibilities are offended, blame the boys.)

Also, whenever Dax is "reading" a book and finishes the last page, he closes the book and says "Uh-en!" It took me a while, but I finally figured out the other day that he is saying "The End!"

As excited as I am about Daxton talking, it is causing a little problem for me. I am starting to talk like him. The other day I asked a friend if she wanted some "Wa-wa" (water) and didn't even realize that I had said anything weird until a few seconds later. Luckily she thought I was joking...but it makes me wonder how many times I have said something that without even noticing. (If I do it in your presence, please pretend you didn't notice).

Sidenonte: In addition to his way with words, Daxton also has some mad dancing skills. Tonight we went to a neighborhood party and there was music playing. Dax was loving it and was dancing around like a crazy man. I was laughing so hard, I wish I would have had my video camera then! Maybe I will try and record some of Daxton's moves and put them in a later post.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Chrystie, you're not alone! When you become a mother, your language suffers too!!! I have found myself plenty of time speaking to adult like I speak to my kids or using the words my kids use...embarrassing! Cute Boy!

Emily said...

I love the video..... it's amazing just how fast they can grow. He's a cutie!

Cheri said...

I like the grunting in the video it made me giggle. He's a cutie pie!!

Ryan and Amber said...

So dang cute! I can't believe he is such a little chatter - box... many men in this world would be envious of such a great vocab! :)

Shauna Hardy said...

Daxton is getting so big! I think they talk sooner when they have other sibilings to listen to.

The pictures of Corbie are too cute! Sorry she isn't keep up with the sleeping through the night...don't worry it will get better.