
It was about 100 degrees that day so it was harder than usual to get the kids to smile. Corbie especially had no idea what we were trying to do (as you can tell from the look on her face) but Jess did a great job. I don't have them all back yet, but when I get them I will post some more. (see more of Jessica's pictures at jzauggphotography.blogspot.com)!


A friend of mine was asking me the other day what is the hardest thing about having three kids that are so young. I really had to think about that one. Initially, I wanted to say something obvious like how hard it is just to get across the parking lot carrying a big heavy car seat in one hand, a big heavy (squirmy) toddler in the other arm, my huge diaper bag over my shoulder and all the while begging a very active 3-year-old to stay close and hold onto her brother’s shoe because I just don’t have another hand for her to hold. But then I realized that what has been hardest for me IS that I just don’t have another hand to hold. It kills me sometimes that I just can’t pay attention to everyone at once, I don’t have enough laps for everyone to sit on, enough arms to carry, enough eyes to watch, just not enough ME to go around. The very hardest thing for me about having three babies is that I can’t give all three of them as much attention as I think they deserve.
When Arden was a baby I used to spend hours and hours on the floor playing with her or even just watching her sleep. Those days are so much different than my days today! I am always running back and forth feeding bottles, changing diapers, giving baths, kissing boo-boos, changing clothes, cleaning up, getting snacks, loading/unloading everyone from the car, etc. etc. etc. that I feel like I hardly have any time to just sit on the floor and play. And it makes me feel horribly guilty. But all I can do is take it one day at a time and just try my best to “just keep swimming” (who has seen "Finding Nemo" 27 times? ME!) Sometimes while I am sitting on the couch feeding Corbie a bottle while Arden and Dax are running back and forth making a mess and yelling and laughing, it just hits me how incredibly lucky I am to get to be the mother of these three amazing people! Even though they completely exhaust me.
Which is why I am SOOOOOO thankful to have such an awesome mom and dad who are willing to watch those amazing exhausting people for at least an hour or two almost every weekend. I really don’t know what I would do without my sanity saving date nights. And the kids love it…as soon as Grandma and Grandpa come over, Arden starts saying “Mommy, go! Go away!” And it doesn't even make me feel bad because I am just as happy as she is to see Grandma and Grandpa, and probably even a little bit more :) So THANK YOU mom and dad for keeping us all happy and sane.
Finally, Arden has one final nap outfit to show you (see previous posts). This time her ensemble includes a too-small shirt, some too-small pajama bottoms, and yes, a too-small polo shirt being worn as a skirt (don’t ask, I have no idea).
When Arden was a baby I used to spend hours and hours on the floor playing with her or even just watching her sleep. Those days are so much different than my days today! I am always running back and forth feeding bottles, changing diapers, giving baths, kissing boo-boos, changing clothes, cleaning up, getting snacks, loading/unloading everyone from the car, etc. etc. etc. that I feel like I hardly have any time to just sit on the floor and play. And it makes me feel horribly guilty. But all I can do is take it one day at a time and just try my best to “just keep swimming” (who has seen "Finding Nemo" 27 times? ME!) Sometimes while I am sitting on the couch feeding Corbie a bottle while Arden and Dax are running back and forth making a mess and yelling and laughing, it just hits me how incredibly lucky I am to get to be the mother of these three amazing people! Even though they completely exhaust me.
Which is why I am SOOOOOO thankful to have such an awesome mom and dad who are willing to watch those amazing exhausting people for at least an hour or two almost every weekend. I really don’t know what I would do without my sanity saving date nights. And the kids love it…as soon as Grandma and Grandpa come over, Arden starts saying “Mommy, go! Go away!” And it doesn't even make me feel bad because I am just as happy as she is to see Grandma and Grandpa, and probably even a little bit more :) So THANK YOU mom and dad for keeping us all happy and sane.
5 comments:
Those are adorable pictures! It's amazing how much they all look alike, what cuties. I agree with not having enough you to go around...I need to be better and spending individual time with each girl, it's just so dang hard. Love Arden's outfits...her and Ellie need to get together, I'm sure they'd come up with some cute combinations.
Those pictures are beautiful!
The pictures are adorable! I completely understand what you mean about not enough hands. When Matthew was born, Ben was not quite 4 and Grace was just 18 months. It was tough for a long time but it does get easier as they get older. Hang in there, you do a great job!
I think Arden has a future in fashion design! AND I think you get a gold medal for multi-tasking! Good work mama!
Your sister is truly talented and the photos are beautiful!!!
Post a Comment