Friday, September 4, 2009

More Family Pictures

Wow, this is the third post I have done this week! (Don't get used to it). I have had a couple of requests to post some more of the family pictures we had taken a while back, and this week we finally got around to picking them up from my sister-in-law.

I learned something new while getting these pictures taken. I went into the day having these dreams of the getting the "perfect" picture where everyone is smiling and looking like the perfect happy family. But pretty soon I discovered that getting family pictures taken gets exponentially harder each time you add a child to the family. The odds of everyone not screaming (including parents) at the same time are pretty low. The odds of everyone looking at the camera at the same time are 10,000 to 1 at MOST. And the odds of everyone not screaming, looking at the camera, AND smiling (especially when one of the kids is only 3 months old at the time) are for all intents and purposes Z-E-R-O. Did I mention it was 100 degrees?
.
Even with all of the chaos and screaming and sweating, we got some pretty cute pictures out of it! Here are a few of my favorites:










I really like this one of Arden!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Truly Breathtaking!!!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are cute, but i see what you mean about trying to get the baby to look at the camera. They look good anyhow! The one with your little boy and your husband is so sweet. --Joan

Diane said...

Hi kid. We're back! I love the pictures. I may need you to send me bigger files so I can copy them!!

Kirstin Schmidt said...

Gorgeous pictures. Who would of thought a few years ago that you and Preston would be the parents of 3 beautiful children.

Ryan and Amber said...

So darling! You are such a cute family!

Roy said...

How did you get Preston to drag the big chair out into the woods?

Janice S said...

Arden poses so cute, she could be a model.