
It has been a rough week for my poor mommy. She had to have surgery. A short while ago she went in for her physical and the doctor decided he wanted to do an ultrasound to check something out. The ultrasound quickly turned into a CT scan, which turned into a referral which led to another referral, and before long she ended up at the Huntsman Cancer Institute (where no one really wants to end up).
.
She had a tumor in her uterus, but the doctors weren't sure whether it was benign or malignant. The oncologist decided it would be safest to do a hysterectomy and also check her lymph nodes while they were in there looking around. So, she checked in to the HCI and had her surgery on Tuesday. After the operation, the doctor said that the tumor "looked benign" whatever that means...we are still waiting for the official results of the biopsy. (How come on TV the results of biopsies come back in like 20 minutes, but in real life it takes DAYS? Just sayin'). They also said her lymph nodes "looked" clean too. It was a huge relief to hear that things looked good after the surgery, and we are hoping that the doctors are right and that this is the end of this little adventure.
.
This week has made me realize how much I still need my mom. Even though I am an old woman myself now, I still need my mommy! I have no idea what I would do without her.
.
My mom is THEE perfect mom. She was and is so patient and unselfish. She is such a great example to me. I can only hope to try to be a fraction of the mother that she has been. Even today she still takes such good care of me. She and my dad are always ready and willing to help me with whatever I need. She has taught me so much and having my own kids has made me realize how much she has really done for me. She is also an amazing grandma, and all of my kids adore her. I hope that my mom stays around for at least the next 30 or 40 years or so! :)
.
I love you, mom!
4 comments:
I am glad to hear that things went as well as they could for your mom!! I agree, she is awesome...I have many favorite childhood memories with your mom and family!!
You have been blessed with a great mom and she has been blessed with a daughter like you. I agree about getting results from the medical community it take so long but I pray that all is well and your mom lives for many years to come!
I wish your mom a speedy recovery...that's always scary! My mom actually just had the same thing done 2 weeks ago -- same kind of story. Thankfully everything looked good and nothing had spread to other areas. Have a great Thanksgiving!
I am so sorry. Cancer is such a scary thing. My Dad has had several health problems the least among them Kidney Cancer and we were told the same things. It is a long waiting game. The T.V. makes everything look easy and glamorous and I guess that is why we watch because it isn't real. I wish your Mom the best.
Post a Comment