Friday, July 30, 2010

Shake It Up, Baby!

My kids love music. Lately it has been a little bit of a war when we get in the car to decide whose turn it is to choose what song we listen to. A while ago I burned a bunch of songs that I thought the kids might like onto some CDs and we always have them in the car.

When it is Daxton's turn to choose the song, 99 times out of 100, he chooses "Barbara Ann" by the Beach Boys. He LOVES that song. He sings it ALL the TIME. In the car, around the house, at the store, at the park. "Baba Aaannn! Take a Hand! Baba Aaannn!" I must admit I have just about reached my Barbara Ann limit. The other 1 out of 100 times his turn comes, Dax chooses "Yellow Submarine" by the Beatles. We were in Hires eating dinner the other day and he was singing it out loud for everyone to hear "WE ALL WIVE IN YEWWOW SUMMERINE!" Such a funny guy.

Arden (thankfully) has more than two songs she likes to listen to. Some of her current favorites are "Teddy Bear" by Elvis Presley, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper and "Here Comes Your Man" by the Pixies. My parents gave me a birthday card last week that played "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and Arden played it over and over (and over) until Preston couldn't stand it anymore and took the card away. I still don't know where he hid it. :)

Cora can't really speak up for herself about which song she wants next, so I get to choose for her. (I usually choose any song I haven't heard 500 times in the last month). However, I suspect that Corbie's favorite song is "Twist and Shout." Whenever that song comes on in the car I can always see her head swinging back and forth in the rear view mirror and her little feet are kicking like crazy.

Cora loves to dance outside of the car as well. Until a few weeks ago, Cora's dance moves (I mean move) pretty much consisted of Corbie standing still and swaying back and forth and giggling. Recently, she has discovered the "spin." Now whenever she hears music she likes, she just turns around and around and around (you get the idea) in circles until she falls down or until the song ends. I wanted to capture her spin on video the other day, and Arden and Dax decided to join in:


4 comments:

Amanda said...

They are so cute! I love that smile Dax gets. What adorable kids.

Leslie said...

I agree with Amanda, your kids are adorable!!!!

Val said...

I had to watch that a couple times in a row. Rampant cuteness!!

Ryan and Amber said...

That video was awesome - love the little pause and then the HUGE Dax grin! PS - THANK YOU for the soothie bottle tip! LOVE 'em!