She had her first practice last week, and her coach seems like a really good guy. That is really great, since Arden doesn't really have much of a clue :).
The most important thing that happened during the first practice was the choosing of the team name. The coach mentioned that he didn't want to be "the Princesses," so his daughter, who is on the team, immediately suggested that the team be called....."the Princesses." Hmmmmm. Some other names suggested by the girls were "the Pink Princesses," the "Pretty Pink Princesses," "the Fairy Princesses," etc. The coach started to look a little desperate. One of the parents mentioned the "Cheetahs," and the coach quickly grabbed on to that one. The 4-year old girls were not impressed, however, and were still stuck in princess-land. Arden likes cheetahs, and suggested the "Pink Cheetahs." The girls still weren't too thrilled, but at least "pink" was in the name. A compromise was reached.
Gooooo PINK CHEETAHS!
Here is Arden right before her first game:

Okay, she is seriously cute. She totally looks the part. Gooooo Arden!
I seriously had no idea what to expect. Below is a picture of Arden in action:
Arden is at the very back of the picture. The soccer ball is somewhere in the front of the picture. If I took a picture every second during the soccer game, about 90% of the pictures would look something like this :) Arden really liked running around next to her pink friends, but got a little uncomfortable if the ball came too close to her. She pretty much tried to stay out of the way of the ball as much as possible. But at least she was out on the field, and she was not crying. I call it a success.Her coach let her do a couple of the goal kicks, which made her a little more comfortable and she actually kicked the ball a few times after that! Yaaaaay Arden! I am not actually sure which team won the game, but it seemed pretty even. Does it count when you score on the other team's goal? What about the goal that Dax scored? (At least when Dax scored his breakaway goal is was during a quarter break and not during the actual game.)
Here was Arden's favorite part of the game: The post-game TREATS!!!
6 comments:
Welcome to the club! Daniel totally runs the field but rarely touches the ball. By the end of last season he had scored a couple of times but it does take a bit of practice. I'm sure she will do great.
Go Pink Cheetahs! What a smart girl to come up with the team name. Can't wait to come see a game soon!
So cute! I can't wait for soccer next year. She is darling.
She is so cute. I do love soccer-but it becomes all consuming as the years go on..
That was totallly hillarious.. poor coach! hahaha. Arden looks adorable!
I don't think I've ever seen those cute little pink socks! Adorable! OK - Now I want a little girl. Geez - you're killin' me!
Post a Comment