First up was a visit to the "This is the Place/Heritage Park" on Saturday. We went with some friends and their kids who were experienced veterans and they were great tour guides. The first thing we had to do was (of course) the pony rides. Here is one of my favorite pictures:
.
Monday we went to the Living Planet aquarium in Sandy. I knew it wasn't a very big place so I wasn't expecting much. It was small, but it was actually the perfect size for us and they had a lot of really great stuff. Dax loved all the frogs they had, and when the kids saw this sculpture they had to all pile on:
Dax was transfixed:
There was "storytime" while we were there. All the kids went and sat down on the floor to hear the story. Right in the middle of the story, Dax started singing a montage of "Itsy-Bitsy Spider," "Yellow Submarine" and the "Mailtime" song from Blues Clues at the top of his lungs. Arden tried to cover up his mouth with her hand, but that only led to a wrestling match with Dax screaming like a girl at the top of his lungs. Sooooo, Dax's storytime experience was cut a little short. Ah, the joys of two-year-old boys.
It was a pretty fun weekend. We spent Monday night grilling in the backyard and having our daily nectarine feast. We have a couple of nectarine trees and this year the kids and I have really enjoyed going out in the backyard each afternoon and eating one (or two, or five) right off the tree. One day Corbie had a "Appo" (what she calls nectarines...she thinks they are apples) in each hand and was eating them both at once. I ran inside to get the camera but by the time I got back out she had finished one off and was nearly done with the other:
.
Some of the kids' favorites were the jellyfish, the pipefish, the sharks, the stingrays, the octopus (awesome), and the penguins ("PEN-GIN" was Cora's new word of the day):
3 comments:
What a great weekend....love the places you take your kids...at time I wish we still lived in Utah!!!
sounds like a lot of fun. its nice to get out and do fun stuff with the family.
We have lots of fun stuff to do around here but I think we just forget. It is fun to enjoy time with the fam!
Post a Comment