In case you can't tell, that is a Michael Jackson pumpkin she is standing next to. Arden LOVED Captain EO at Disneyland, and kept asking to watch it. My sister actually got her hands on a bootlegged copy (don't tell!), and the kids love to watch it. Even Cora yells "EO! EO!" and dances around. Daxton does a hilarious impression of the scary queen in the movie ("SIWENCE! INFIDEWS! YOU FECT MY WORLD WIF YOU PRENENSE!") and Arden has perfected some of the dance moves. There is just NO predicting what these kids are going to latch onto and love.
Here is my handsome Dax in a sea of jack-o-lanterns (this is his "happy face"):
Up until a few days ago, this October has been sunny, warm, and beautiful. Here are some of the colors that I got to see out my front window every day:
Last Saturday we had our annual Zaugg family party at our house, which was the first chance for the kids to wear their costumes. Here is Arden (candy corn witch) and Dax (Sulley from Monsters, Inc.)
Besides Arden, there were three other little witches at the party:
Yesterday was Arden's Preschool Halloween Party. Here is Arden with her awesome preschool teacher, who was also a witch (notice the horrifying white stuff on the grass. Scary!)
Arden's friend was a witch too. Her other best preschool friend was Harry Potter, and a wizard is as close to a witch as a little boy can get, right?
Before the party the kids sat on the steps and sang some Halloween songs for us. Dax had been happily eating the snow before the songs, but when I turned around I couldn't see him. He had sneakily made his way in with the preschool kids and sat down next to Arden. So all the moms got pictures of the preschool class, plus Daxton. Sorry everyone! He was so excited to be "in preschool," and ran after the kids when they went up to the classroom. I had to physically drag him out of there.
Last night was our neighborhood Halloween Party. It was really fun, and TONS of people showed up. The kids got to "trick or treat" around the classrooms, then they "listened" (and I use this term very loosely) to a Halloween story:
Then it was up to the gym for games, talking, entertainment and more TREATS! They had some delicious donuts and sugar cookies. Can you guess what color of frosting the cookies had?
I feel so sorry for whoever had to clean up after this little shindig. Root beer and frosting was everywhere!
It has been a really fun Halloween season so far, and the kids are really excited about the trick-or-treating on Saturday. I have been trying to get Corbie to say "Trick or Treat!" but she just smiles really big and yells "TEET!" She doesn't want to give anyone a choice, just give her the treat!
4 comments:
I watched the little parade of pre-schoolers from my front window, and it always cracks me up. The kids are so darling! I can see why Dax wanted to join in. I love how you write what he says, and I can totally picture it. It makes me laugh when I hear his little voice in the row behind me at church. SUCH CUTE KIDS!!! The costumes are awesome.
I want to watch captain EO! Let's plan a playmate. Your kids look so dang cute! The Sulley costume looks great on Dax.
so darn cute!!! I miss Sue's parades!!! The costumes are so darling and cute!!!!
Great job Queen o' Halloween! Parties and costumes - you're all over it! Those three little blondies are show-stealers for sure! :)
Post a Comment