Here is me and Val before the race. We had a bunch of glow bracelets, but I had a hard time finding places to put them on my body where they wouldn't a) drive me crazy while running or b) fall off while I ran. I couldn't come up with very many places that met this criteria, so I wasn't as glowy as some people. In this picture, I am pretending to run, and I am not quite sure what the heck Val is doing:
The race was pretty fun. Lots of people got really into the glow sticks and had them wrapped around their whole bodies. It was hilarious to see all the glow sticks falling off of everyone as the race started and people realized that having 20 glow sticks wrapped around your legs is not really conducive to running.
The moon was full and the night was perfect for running. The trail was pretty flat but the very slight hill at the end of the course was kicking my butt and I was worried that I might not make it by midnight, but I did it, with almost a whole minute to spare. Yay me!
My dad showed us all up and did the half-marathon. It was especially impressive since he is not much of a night owl. Here he is, finishing strong:It was about as much fun as can be had while running 6.2 miles.
2 comments:
awesome!!!! love the idea and it looks SUPER fun!!! we need one of those races here in washington
I think perhaps I'll make it a random occasion to run with glow sticks. Add a little pep to my step, you know? Couldn't hurt!
Post a Comment