I have ideas for fun blog posts I should do all the time. I always think that I will get around to writing these clever, articulate, amusing posts as soon as I finish this and this and that other thing. Unfortunately, I never seem to get finished with those things. Somehow, I always end up quickly and hurriedly posting a few random pictures and a few lame little lines instead of the witty, insightful blog posts that I always mean to get around to composing.
Sorry, my two dear blog readers! This is another one of those hurried, lame blog posts. I guess you should be getting used to this by now.
Arden is again playing soccer and having a great time. The goals are bigger this year, and the field is longer. There are even GOALIES! Here is Arden, taking her first turn:
She only had the ball come down to her once, but she made a great save! She took another turn in yesterday's game, and her team was doing so well that the ball never got within 10 yards of her. I guess that is the nature of being a goalie. You are either bored, or terrified. Both Arden AND my boy Dax scored goals yesterday, but of course I didn't have the camera out either time. Oh well, here is a shot of Arden in the middle of the action:I still can't get over the colors this year. They seem so bright and happy. I can't help but smile when I look at them. Oh please, oh please, let the leaves stay on the trees for a few more weeks (or months).
We put up our Halloween decorations this week. Cora was helping me, and found my old witch hat. She and Dax rode around on the broom and the mop and pretended they were witches. Cora even sat on the mop while we stopped for a snack:
Another day last week we checked another fall tradition off of our lists. Making caramel apples! This is one of Preston's most favorite parts of autumn. That guy would eat caramel apples for breakfast lunch and dinner if he could. If you want something from Preston, bring him a caramel apple and he will be your friend for life.
Making caramel apples is a messy job, but somebody has got to do it.
We have done a few other fun fall things, but I will save those for another quickie, random post in the hopefully not-to-distant future.
One of these days, I really am planning on stepping up my blogging game.
(Right after I work on getting the yard ready for winter and paint the walls up the staircase and read the book for book club and finish my half-marathon training blah blah blah).
2 comments:
I knew I liked that Preston... caramel apples and me have a long standing love affair. Random ramblings is the new thing didn't you hear? Yep - it's all the rage. Or so I tell myself! :)
I love your blog my dear! Yours is witty and entertaining. Mine, on the other hand, could be called "ho-hum, oddball, occasional postings." Ha Ha.
Post a Comment