Friday, December 21, 2012

#4 Locks of Love!

I have been working on doing 26 Acts of Kindness for the past couple of days (have you heard about it?  Look it up, it is a great idea and has really helped me feel the Christmas spirit instead of feeling sad and helpless about things that are beyond my control).  Here is one act I did today. 
 
Before:
 After!
I am donating my hair!  I have been thinking about changing my hair for a while, but I was unsure what to do and afraid to do anything drastic so it just kept getting longer and longer.  This gave me a good reason, so I decided to just chop it all off.  Yay!  

This was in honor of Catherine Hubbard, age 6.

https://www.facebook.com/26acts?ref=nf

6 comments:

Val said...

Nice! You look great! I've been seriously considering cutting my hair and donating it for YEARS, but always wuss out last minute and just get it trimmed. Maybe I'll get brave and do it soon.

Amanda said...

That is awesome. I thought about it after my last hair cut, because she took like 7 inches off, but I didn't think about it in time. Oh well. I don't think they like hair with color/bleach in it anyway. But that is really neat that you did it! (and you look totally cute with the short hair)

Holly said...

I think the new haircut looks great on you!

Ryan and Amber said...

OH MY GOODNESS you beauty, you! Seriously the long bob - well, it had your name on it! SO adorbs. And for such a good cause. Well done!

Diane said...

You look FAB-U-LOUS!

Chris W. said...

Oh, that's so sweet! We have a little neighbor girl who has done that a couple of times. What a great way to serve. Merry Chritmas!