Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Santa 2014


We had the annual Christmas party last weekend with my side of the family.  It is always fun to see everyone, since we all don't get together very often anymore.  The kids were mostly excited to see just one person who usually shows up at the party..you guessed it.  The big guy himself.

Santa called up all the kids one by one...Cora was the first of my kids to get called up.  She was so excited, but she was a little bit shy.  She just sat and giggled when Santa asked her what she wanted for Christmas.  He said, "I bet I know, you want an Elsa or Anna doll."  Cora's eyes got really big because she has been wanting an Elsa doll from Santa for weeks, and even wrote him a letter about it a couple of weeks ago.  Great job remembering, Santa!  Is this guy good, or what?
Then he asked her if she had been good, and she truthfully said, "Sometimes."  He then asked her if she could make sure to be good and go to bed when her mommy told her to, and even got her to do a "pinky promise."  I caught it on film, so that I could show it to her at bedtime!
 Thank you Santa, that will be a great Christmas present to me (if it works!)

Arden was up next, and unfortunately it is a little blurry :(.  Arden is still all about the Santa, and told him she wants a friendship bracelet maker for Christmas.
Dax patiently waited as cousin after cousin after cousin got called up to Santa.  He was starting to look a little concerned.  We had kind of a "naughty" week from Dax leading up to the party, so I think that my boy was thinking that maybe he had pushed it a little too far, and that he really might be on the dreaded naughty list after all.  I let him squirm, it is good for him.

Of course, Santa called him very last, but he had a big basketball as a reward.  
It was so fun for me to watch the kids with Santa this year.  I am not sure how many more good 3-kid-Santa years I have left, so I tried to soak this one up for all it was worth.   Thank you Santa!!!

1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

I want that guy at my house... We've had MANY a naughty day round here! Good luck mama!