Our dog Olive doesn't shed, which is awesome. The only problem is that her hair grows and grows (and grows) and never falls out. Olive had passed over the "fuzzy" and "fluffy" stage, and was headed straight into "mangy." Sorry, Olive, but it's true. The poor thing could barely see:
She could still smile for the camera though. Cheese!Here is one more "before" picture. This is Olive doing her best impression of a throw rug. A shaggy shag throw rug.
I don't know if you are aware, but getting this dog's hair cut is just about as expensive as getting MY hair cut AND colored, and that is not cool. To save money I decided that this time I would tell the groomers to cut her hair SHORT. That way, we could wait even longer between grooming visits.
We dropped fuzzy wuzzy Olive off at the groomers this afternoon. When we went to pick her up, they showed me this dog and tried to tell me it was Olive:
Whatever. That's not Olive.
This dog did seem strangely happy to see us. She ran right up to us, wagging her tail and trying to lick us. She had Olive's collar on, and she seemed to answer to the name "Olive." I was still dubious, but the groomer insisted that this sleek, skinny thing was really our dog. She is the same color, sure, but that is where the resemblance ends. The skinny dog ran up to our car and jumped right in, so I decided to take her home (but not until after I looked around the doggie salon one more time and didn't see Olive in there anywhere).
It has been a few hours now, and if this dog isn't Olive, she is doing a pretty good impression. She even got loose and ran down the street to show her new haircut to one of her doggie friends, just like the real Olive would do. She sounds like Olive, and she acts like Olive...so, I guess it really is Olive.
Or a very well-trained doggie spy, sent to infiltrate our home.
You be the judge.
Here is old fuzzy Olive, showing off a couple of her tricks.




5 comments:
I think you got straight up bamboozled. Looks like you dropped off a poodle and got a lab in return. Either way, she's pretty cute!
I'm still in shock. I think you are now the proud owner of two dogs.... Lucky you. ;)
Wow! Who would have thought they could even shave her FACE! She looks totally different!
Oh my goodness! I wish I was brave enough to have that drastic of a haircut!
Poor Olive! She looks totally different! - still cute, but don't you miss the fluff?
Post a Comment