So, where were we? August! Well, school started the 24th for us this year, so we only got the first part of August that was technically "summer" in the non-school sense of the word. We headed up to (duh) Bear Lake again, and caught the Raspberry Days parade, where they threw not only candy, but bead necklaces, small toys, and frisbees! Yay!
After we got up to the lake, I ditched the fam for a couple of days to go to Youth Conference with the YW on the opposite side of the lake than I am used to. (Oops, I forgot to mention that I wen to girls camp for a couple of days in June, it was so fun, though I didn't get much sleep.). We walked on the beach, ate smores, learned some stuff, went on a sunrise hike, went to the cave, ate shakes, and had a great time. Our sunrise hike was a little cloudy, but still awesome. Such a beautiful place!
After Youth Conference wrapped up, I rejoined the fam at the cabin, the weather stayed cloudy so we took the kids to the cave. Always a good time!
They now have a blue light on this formation that looks like a castle. When I was a kid it was "Kermit's castle" and had a green light shining on it. Now, even the folks at Minnetonka Cave have succumbed to Frozen Fever, and this pile of stalagmites is now "Elsa's Castle." Whatevs.
Oh yeah, and I got a big hole cut in my arm. I went to the dermatologist to have my moles checked, and there was one that turned out to be "severely atypical," and appeared pre-cancerous, so they wanted to cut it off, along with "a small amount" of the surrounding tissue. So I ended up with like 12 stitches on the back of my arm. Ouchie. But better than cancer.
We had my company party at the zoo this year. We saw lots of animals, but this is my favorite picture :) Run Corbiecakes, run!
The highlight (at least for the girls, Dax had to leave early for his first flag football practice) was the free face painting! By actual people who really, really know how to paint a face. Arden is a cheetah, Cora is a snow leopard, and they both were beyond excited.
They had to run over to the carousel and take a ride on their face-buddies. RAWR!
The next day, we went over to the Davis County Fair. There was a fun (free!) elephant show!
And a cool petting zoo! The girls couldn't bear to wash their faces, so they still were half-cat when we started at the fair.
There was also a pretty fun tiger show! The only problem was there was NO shade and it was probably 95 degrees. I tried to fan the kids with some paper all through the show, but all of us were sweating. Cora tried to wipe some sweat off her forehead, and smeared her face paint horribly. I got out a wet wipe and finished it off. Cora said how good it felt to have a cool wipe on her face, and so Arden decided she wanted to wipe her paint off too. Bye, kitties. But these kitties were still pretty impressive:
We ate lunch (I had an awesome Bahn Mi sandwich, the kids were not so adventurous and had huge soft pretzels because at the fair pretzels count as lunch). Then we looked around the booth, and our favorite was the reptiles. Look how brave Daxton is!
No amount of talking could get Cora or Arden to try this.
Dax had his first flag football game that Saturday, and for some reason I didn't even take a single picture. I will do it next game. The cutoff for football was in the spring, so Dax is the oldest kid on his team instead of the youngest like he usually is. He kind of likes being the biggest and fastest, and scored two touchdowns his first game.
I will wrap up the last week of summer soon!













1 comment:
I think Kermits castle to Elsas castle is an upgrade?! And also sorry bout the mole removal... Rygar has two of those scars on his back... Looks like a gangsta...so prep your fictional tale of woe now. Word to the wise. 😉
Post a Comment