What, it is March already? Not sure how that happened.
Lots of stuff happened in February, but most of it was of the day-to-day variety that I forget to take pictures of or document in any way. There were just a couple of pictures on my phone. First up:
This is my weird dog, Olive. This is where Olive sits her little furry but each morning after the kids leave for school. I think it is hilarious the way she looks like she is sitting like a person on the side of the couch. She looks sadly out the window for a few minutes, barks at anything that moves, but soon loses interest when the kids don't come right back and wanders off to find a place to sleep the day away. That dog sleeps like 20 hours a day. I soooo wish I could trade lives with her for a week or two. Valentines Day happened! I helped out in Arden's class party, but was too busy to take any pictures with my phone. Cora made this for me, can you translate?
The kids all had a great time at their Valentines Parties, and came home with lots of Valentines loot to share. In elementary school, Valentines Day is almost as good as Halloween!
After the Valentines parties, we headed up to the cabin for President's Day weekend. The lake was pretty much frozen over, but starting to melt a little.
We went skiing at Beaver Mountain again, and everyone did great! Arden and Dax are officially bored with our usual "Goat Trail" and "Cottontail" runs, and made Preston take them down "Tiny Tim" (which sounds harmless but is actually much steeper than Cottontail) and the face of Little Beaver this time. By next winter, they may be graduated from the Little Beaver lift all together. Then I will be in trouble because I don't think I will be ready! It was a super fun day, and we skiied from 10 a.m. until they kicked us off the mountain at 4.
Have I ever told you how much I love sunsets? I do. There was a really pretty one a few weeks back after a small snow storm that I actually took a picture of:
That is about all the pictures I had for the rest of February. We were mostly just plugging along, working, schooling, sleeping and going through insane amounts of Nutella. Seriously, it is unbelievable. The kids like Nutella sandwiches, and when they make a sandwich, they want to spread the Nutella themselves. If I try to do it for them, they complain that I don't put "enough" Nutella on the bread. Their idea of "enough" is a layer of Nutella at least as thick as the bread they are spreading it on. After they spread a ridiculous amount of chocolate goo on their bread, they dig the knife back into the jar one more time, scoop up another huge glob, and then shove the knife it into their mouths. "Whaaaat?" they say when I look at them like they are crazy. "I am just licking the knife!"
Hmmmm...it is mostly hazelnuts, so that is protein, right? Right. Let's just go with that.
Goodbye February!





No comments:
Post a Comment