Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Cora's Seventh Birthday

A couple of days after Grandma's birthday, it was Cora's turn!  She is SEVEN!  As usual, I told her she could have anything she wanted for breakfast.  She chose going TO Kneaders.  We had to get up a little early, but everyone was down with that, and I will use any excuse to get the Cinnamon bread french toast, so off we went.  Happy Birthday Breakfast little girl!
After that, it was off to school and work as usual.  But Cora was excited because when you are in first grade they make a big deal out of you.

Later that day we let her open her presents from us.  She was pretty excited that she got some...MAKE UP!  Who doesn't love bright yellow eye shadow?
After she opened a couple more little presents, she decided she wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner!
We ate so many rolls that by the time our food came we weren't really hungry, but that is pretty much par for the course for us.  Cora for some reason didn't want to sit on the saddle, and even looked all embarrassed by her Texas-size YEE-HAW.  Wha??  Oh well.

We headed home after that and quickly took some pictures with Cora's lamb to see how big she is now.  I obviously let her choose her own clothes now, and she has her own...um...sense of style:
 Pretty big!
But still kinda little.

Finally, we finished the day off with CAKE!
 Make a wish!
Cora copied Arden (shocker!) and had a very small birthday party at Build A Bear with one lucky friend.  It was verrrrry hard for Cora to choose just one buddy, and I hope no one's feelings got hurt!  Cora had a fun time.  Her friend K and her chose the same toy, but (after lots and lots of deliberation) dressed them very differently.

Here are a few things about Cora the seven-year-old:

Favorite Color:  Pink (but it seems to change every day)
Favorite Show:  Sophia the First
Favorite Food:  Pizza
Favorite Treat:  Donuts
Favorite Song:  "No" by Meghan Trainor
Favorite things to do:  Play with friends, do art, play soccer, help mom make treats.
Least favorite things to do:  Go to sleep and/or stay sleeping in her own room.
Favorite thing about school:  Her teacher!
Least favorite thing about school:  Homework

Cora was recently front-and-center of her class picture, which is the exact opposite of where I used to stand in my class pictures.  She has her own ideas about how things should be and is pretty vocal and sometimes stubborn, but she is like a sour patch kid.  Maybe a little sour sometimes, but very sweet at her core.  I am so not excited that she keeps on having these birthdays and getting bigger and older, but I haven't figured a way to stop it yet so I just keep rolling with the punches as best I can.

Happy Birthday my not-so-little CorbieCakes!

No comments: