Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Dax is EIGHT

Daxton had his EIGHTH birthday!  To begin the celebrations, he followed Arden's example and chose to go to Kneaders for breakfast.  Once there, he tried his best to take down the grown-up size cinnamon french toast, which I have never been able to do.  He made a valiant effort, but in the end I had to help him a little (which I didn't mind). 

After breakfast, I went along with him to school, since this lucky boy got to go on a field trip to the Natural History Museum on his very birthday!  He was excited!  I wasn't too excited to walk into his classroom and see he had changed desk locations since the last time I was there.  There was a line of desks along the back of the room, and a line of desks on each side, all touching.  Then there was Dax...all alone in the corner:
But happy about it?  Apparently he had been talking to his buddy R too much and had to move his desk a little bit away from the other kids.

*sigh*

Anyway, on to the field trip!  What do you think my boy wanted to look at first?  Hint: it starts with "D" and rhymes with "Minosaurs."  Here is my cute little group:

Look out boys, its a giant crocodile kinda thingie!  ("Dinosuchus, mooooom," says Dax, rolling his eyes like I should have this knowledge already).

We looked all around the dinosaurs and other prehistoric skeletons, and Dax wanted to lay down in this footprint (which was one of the many touchable exhibits which second graders appreciate).
 We also saw lots of cool minerals and rocks, a tarantula, some brine shrimp, lots of cool Native American stuff, learned about the human genome and all sorts of other interesting educational junk.  But by 11:00, pretty much all this boy could think of was how much longer until lunch.

Finally, lunchtime arrived!  Dax got to have his "Birthday Lunchable" that he has been waiting for since Arden had hers in March.  He's so excited he can't even look at me:
His teacher wandered by and I made her stop and get a picture with Dax.  Dax has really loved his teacher this year, (and totally understands her decision to put him in the corner).  She is awesome!  You can see from his smile.
 Why can't I get him to smile like that with his bear??  These are the best I could come up with:

Pretty bad, right?  Oh well.  You get the idea.  He's hugungous.

Dax had baseball practice after school, and then chose to eat dinner at the Pizza Pie Cafe.  He likes unlimited pizza, that one does!  After that it was homework and bed.  Not too bad of a birthday though!

Happy Birthday boy!

No comments: