Okay, so wow...Christmas, right? Takes up a lot of time, but it is so worth it in the end! I will try and catch up on all things blog, or at least give a very brief summary.
So, in my last post we had just returned from sunny Florida, and it snowed the night we got back. It was good to see Olive again, and she had fun shoving her face into the snow:
My front-door wreath finally wore out last year, and I couldn't find one I loved to replace it. So, Cora saw this door decoration at Target for like $5, so this was our wreath this year. I sure hope it comes off okay :).
We got a gingerbread house kit from Costco one day. The kids and I had a fun time putting it together, though there were a few squabbles over who was holding the frosting and who was putting which piece of candy where, but we worked it out and it turned out pretty cute!
Of course, my kids are not the kind of kids who want their gingerbread house to sit around for a week or two looking pretty (and getting stale)...oh no. Our beautiful gingerbread house was pulled to pieces and shoved into three little mouths about 0.002 seconds after this picture was taken.
I was kind of a slacker on Christmas cards this year...hopefully you have gotten yours by now, sorry if they didn't make it in time for Christmas! I somehow never got around to getting any family pictures taken this year, so I tried to have a quick impromptu photo shoot with the kids at home. Everyone was willing to smile, except Cora. Even the dog sat still!
Good dog, Olive! Isn't she pretty? She is looking so lovingly into the camera because I am holding a piece of cheese up right behind it. She looooooves cheese with a deep and abiding love. Can't you see it in her eyes?
Arden is pretty! But we already knew that.
And Dax is pretty handsome, too.
I can't believe how much they have grown up this year! Arden hasn't said anything to me specifically, but I got the vibe from her this year that she isn't quite sure she believes in Santa this year. *sigh* I knew it couldn't last forever, but it was sad for me just the same. She didn't share her doubts with the other two kids though, and they were still firmly on the Santa bandwagon, which was fun. I hope they can hang in there for another year or two, I'm not ready for the magic to be over!
I'll blog more tomorrow about more of our December/Christmas activities.








1 comment:
I legit don't think my kids are even related to me. They NEVER eat anything during gingerbread time. Like they don't even snack on gumdrops or anything! They never want to eat it - in fact, they love the hunt of candy far more than candy itself. I have thrown out all the summer's parade candy and all the halloween candy. Soon it will be stocking candy. It's BLASPHEMY!
Post a Comment