February....what can I say about February?
We were sick. And I was sick. And training for a marathon. And I didn't blog, obviously. Sorry about that. I meant to dozens of times but I have just been too tired! I'll do better!
Usually the kids bring home one or two lovely sicknesses each winter, but I usually just play the role of comforter/medicine dispenser/hair-holder-backer. But for some reason this year I got to participate! At least Preston escaped unscathed, so we had one person to take care of all of us sickies.
First up was a lovely bout of stomach flu in early February that the kids brought to me. It only lasted only a day or so, but it WIPED me out. I was still trying to recover from that stuff when a nasty head cold that Daxton brought home got to me. It stuck around for a few days and then made itself at home in my sinuses. It wasn't as bad, so I still slogged through my long runs (including a couple of 18-milers), but whenever I tried to do speed work I would start coughing like crazy. I feel like I am back to about 95% currently (FINALLY!), but I am feeling slower than I hoped I would at this point. Only 38 days until Boston! Yay/Yikes!
There was some fun stuff mixed in there too. We went up to the cabin a couple of times, and there was SO MUCH SNOW at the end of January. Arden talked Grandpa into getting her a giant icicle from a nearby cabin roof, and learned an all-important life lesson...the hard way.
Don't worry, I freed her with warm water seconds after I took her picture. The sunset was so pretty with everything all white and pink.
We of course went sledding...plenty of snow on the sled run.
There was a bit of snow on the driveway down to the garage:
The HOA had been plowing the upper driveway for us, and there was a little bit of a pile at the end of the driveway. The kids and Grandpa built a fort on top.
Dax played some more basketball with the Junior Jazz. One week they must have practiced defense a lot, because Dax was all over his man like white on rice:
Sometimes Dax gets to dribble, but mostly he runs down to his spot (the box at the side of the key) and yells for whoever has to ball to pass it to him. Sometimes that works, but mostly it doesn't. :)
Dax's coach was awesome! Dax learned a ton and he was so patient.
Dax scored a season-high (4 points!) on the last game, and his team won. It was fun to go out on a good note. Great season guys! Can't wait for next year.
Cora has been doing indoor soccer and a cute little teeny soccer field. She likes it because the scores of the games are usually pretty high, so she gets to score multiple goals usually. (She could still use some work on her defense, though!)We went back up to the cabin for President's Day weekend. It was much warmer, and the snow was starting to turn slushy. The kids (and grandpa) made some snow sculptures by the sledding hill one day:
The lake, which had been frozen over, started melting over the weekend and by Monday it was like a big giant slushy slurpee:
Tons and tons of other stuff happened. Arden still does gymnastics pretty much anytime she is awake. She achieved her "kip" on the bars at practice this month, so she was excited about that. She also squeezes in activity days too. Dax and Cora have been doing some art classes at Jodi's still, and I really should take some pictures of their awesome artwork and put them up here. Soon!
Also, Dax is a cub scout, did you know? They had the "Blue and Gold Banquet" at the end of February, and it had a glow in the dark theme. The decorations were AMAZING! I brought Cora along and she didn't mind because she got to sit by her friend A. I have never seen so many glow sticks.
Dax sat by one of his friends at dinner, so I didn't get any pictures of him, sorry!
There was lots of other stuff that happened that will go unremembered because of my slackerness. But those are the highlights and lowlights I guess.














2 comments:
Love your pictures!
Oh that cabin is dreamy in all it's states!
And I'm SOOO sorry you've been sick. It is illegal, wrong, should never happen to a mama!
GOOD LUCK IN BOSTON!
Post a Comment