A couple of weeks ago Cora turned eight years old! And that means...she is finally old enough to get her ears pierced! Dax came along for moral support...or because I didn't want to leave him home alone. Here is Cora, waiting her turn with the teddy bear the keep at the store for the kids to hold. She was a little nervous, but not nervous enough to back out.
She had them do both ears at once, so 1-2-3...she has earrings! She was very brave and no tears were shed. She looks older already, doesn't she?
On Cora's birthday, I always make her take pictures with her lamb so we can see how much bigger she is. This time Olive wanted to photo bomb.Aren't they cute?
Here is one of Olive singing a song for us...she is such a funny dog sometimes. Cora looks big too, doesn't she?
For her birthday party, Cora decided she really, really wanted to bring all her friends to the movies to see the new "Beauty and the Beast." Yes, she had already seen it. But, oh well...easy to plan, easy to clean up.
Cora loved it when she walked through the door of the movies and the friends who were there before us ran up to her and swarmed her. Here is Cora, happily in the middle of unwrapping her presents in the lobby of the theater. This girl does not mind being the center of attention. This present was a stuffed unicorn that also turns into a couple of other animals. She got lots of fun stuff!
We also had cake! Cora was on cloud nine as all her friends sang "Happy Birthday to You" to her. Arden and Dax also tagged along for the party and were happy to share the cake also..
Arden was excited to see the Beauty and the Beast movie, because she hadn't seen it yet...she was at a friend's birthday party when I took the other kids last time. She didn't mind hanging with the little girls, and was a good helper:
After presents and cake, we got all loaded up with our goodies. I think Dax was the most excited about this part of the party. He was a little less excited to be so outnumbered by the females, but he was still was excited to see the movie again since he still loves all things Beauty and Beast.
And here we are, waiting for the show to start! Notice how small the soda cups are and how much popcorn everyone has? Hmmm...
The girls all had a great time. I will admit that I didn't see much of the movie after the first half hour or so because I spent a good portion of the movie getting refills for everyone. I had to cut some girls off. :) Overall it was a success and I hope everyone had fun.
Here are a few things about eight-year-old Cora:
Favorite Color: Blue, Green and Purple (still very changeable)
Favorite Show: Teen Titans or maybe the new Rapunzel series
Favorite Food: Pizza (still)
Favorite Treat: Cupcakes. The fancier the better.
Favorite Song: Not sure...she loves Meghan Trainor songs still, probably one of those?
Favorite things to do: Score goals at soccer, play with friends, read books, fight with Daxton.
Least favorite things to do: Go to sleep, put her shoes where they go.
Favorite thing about school: Her teacher and her friends!
Least favorite thing about school: Homework...well, she doesn't actually mind it so much.
Happy Birthday Corbiecakes!









1 comment:
Happy Birthday to your darling eight-year-old. And I swear, next birthday party = movie theatre. Genius.
Post a Comment