Friday, April 20, 2018

January/February Catch-Up

Someday I am going to catch up on this thing...and in the interest of that I am going to skim January and half of February.  First up, my Grandma Haun's birthday!  Happy Birthday Grandma!  We had a little celebration at my mom's house. If you are wondering why there is a football on my grandma's cake, it is because we doubled it up with my newphew Xander's birthday also.  Not that grandma doesn't like football...I'm sure she has sat through a few games in her day.
 While the grownups were talking, Cora busted out the Lite Brite from my childhood (my mom doesn't throw things away) and made a beautiful snowman scene!  80's toys for the win!
 Arden was so excited to wear some of Brynn's clothes to church.  So adorable and happy/sad.
Dax is smack dab in the middle of cub scouts, and is a Bear.  Here he is participating in a skit at a pack meeting.  Ah, pack meetings!  Me and Preston fight over who has to gets to go to these each month.   Seriously though, Dax has had amazing leaders his whole cub scout experience, and I am so grateful to them...its not easy!
 Dax also loved playing Junior Jazz basketball during the winter.  He improved a lot!  The schedule was tough (some games STARTED at 9:00 p.m. on SCHOOL NIGHTS??  WHAT??), but it was worth it. 

 There was also one added perk.  JAZZ TICKETS!
Can I just say how much I love this year's Jazz team?  I was worried that we would be a lottery team, but...enter Donovan Mitchell.  I love this kid.  He is amazing.  Ricky Rubio learned how to hit (more) shots, Joe Ingles continues to amaze while looking like a junior high math teacher, and Favors and Gobert are two of the best big men in the league.  The uniforms this year have really been pretty cool too, and I like this floor!  Cora tagged along since we could get discounted tickets, but Arden didn't want to come and instead played at a friend's house since Preston was out of town.  Say cheese!



I was back at the ESA for the Killers concert with a friend the same week.  I love the Killers!  And I think Brandon Flowers is getting better looking the older he gets.  Great show.

Before we knew it, it was Valentine's Day.  Arden's last elementary school Valentine's Day!  She made this Valentine's Box all by herself.  Cute!
 I went and helped with Dax's Valentines party at school.  Their teacher wanted to get a picture of all of them, so I snuck one in while she was doing it.  Fun bunch of kids!
 And we finished off our night the traditional way...heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphys!
Next up, President's Day weekend trip.

No comments: