Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Junior High Orientation...Wait, What?

Back to March.  We got an email letting us know that we needed to register Arden for junior high and attend an orientation.

Wait, What?

Okay, so obviously Arden is in 6th grade, since I can count I know that after 6th grade comes 7th grade.  But that is far away, right?

I guess not.

We dutifully signed up for classes, and off to orientation we went.  We learned about how lunch worked, toured the school (which seemed HUGE compared to our comfortable elementary school) and heard about lots of junior high stuff.

And, of course, we got to practice opening a locker!

I don't know about you, but this was the #1 thing that stressed me out when I was starting junior high.  Heck, I still have the occasional nightmare where I am standing in front of a locker and have no idea what the combination is.  Am I alone here?  And these lockers were HARD to open!  You had to put in the combination, but then to open it you had to use the combination dial as a sort of door knob, which was a hard technique to figure out, at least in the 10 minutes we had to practice.

So, I think it only increased Arden's locker anxiety (and mine), but Arden and Ava could still smile about it, so I guess they'll be fine?

I'm not too worried.  Junior high is still far, far away.

I guess there is actually less than 3 months to go.

Wait.  What?

No comments: