I love autumn! I ran up the trail at the Loveland Lane trail head and took this picture:
In September, Preston and me took a slightly-delayed 20th anniversary trip to Juneau, Alaska. I used to go there once a year for work and always wanted to go back for fun, so now I did. Here are some pictures!
We saw a couple of bears!
We went on lots of hikes. Near the Mendenhall glacier we went on a hike that has this amazing pool that perfectly reflects the trees and the sky, and it was such a perfect reflection it was confusing my brain into thinking it was a deep hole and I would fall into the sky.
I was surprised at how far the glacier had receded since I went there before I had kids. The waterfall behind me used to be under the ice! Stupid global warming. Pretty waterfall though.
We went whale watching and actually saw lots of whale tails and spouts. Its really hard to take a good picture of them, but it was really fun!
Here we are in front of a whale breaching! Just kidding, it is a sculpture. Still cool.
We took another hike to a different glacier whose name I can't remember.
It was a fun trip. We stayed at Grandma's feather bed, which had yummy breakfast every morning, but didn't have as fluffy of feather beds as they used to do. Still fun. We drove all around Juneau from one end of the roads to the other. It was a fun trip, but soon it was back to homework and soccer. Go Cora!
We went to the cabin for UEA. We tried an escape room at Bear Lake Escape. We did the Clue room, and we escaped (with the help of a few hints). Good job, us!
While at the lake in the fall I can't resist runs up the canyon! Hooray for yellow leaves!
We also went on a horseback ride, which is always fun. We went through the Beaver Creek Lodge and had a great time.
Have I ever mentioned that I kind of like fall leaves? I do.
Pretty leaves, pretty girls.
We went and got our pumpkins at the pumpkin patch. Dax felt like picking a small one this year. I was okay with that since they sell those suckers by the pound.
Me and Val ran the Haunted Half. Val accomplished her goal of breaking the 2:00 mark. I was super proud of my 1:40. There were two guys running in front of me in full-inflatable costumes, and I was determined to pass those guys before the end. I did it.
While the kids are at school, I am back to work in the office four days a week. Here is the view from my window that faces East. Pretty colors!
Here is my window that faces south. It it just a parking lot, but pretty trees anyway. Then, it was Halloween! Here are our pumpkins. They are a cat face (Cora), a witch holding a pumpkin, a scary face (Arden), a small happy face (Dax), and a skeleton.
Here are the kids, all ready for trick-or-treating! Cora is a witch. Dax is a Minecraft guy, and Arden is a giraffe. This was the first year the kids all went trick-or-treating with their friends and Preston and I both got to stay home and relax. I didn't hate it.
I'm sure that lots of other stuff happened, but this is the only stuff I took pictures of, so this is what you get. Happy Halloween 2018!




















No comments:
Post a Comment