Saturday, November 13, 2021

First Day of School - Fall 2020

 There was a lot of apprehension around the first day of school this year.  There had been a lot of back and forth around in-person school, but you better believe I was praying for them to find a way to make it happen.  They finally decided on an alternate-day schedule, where the kids with last names A-L would go Mondays and Wednesdays, and kids with M-Z would go Tuesdays and Thursdays, with everyone being remote on Fridays, and kids could have in-person meetings with teachers on Fridays if necessary.

Arden and Dax were okay with it because most of their friends were in the same half of the alphabet, but for some reason almost all of Cora's friends were in the opposite half, poor girl.  And Dax was starting junior high, which is a super duper scary thing!!  

And, of course, masks were required! 

But I would rather get the smiles even if they weren't realistic!!  

Good looking bunch, right?  I listened to George Michael's "Freedom 90" on full blast when they were gone that first Tuesday, having them gone for the first time in like 8 months felt weird but also amazing!  I never had such an appreciation for teachers as I had in 2020.  God bless them every one.  

No comments: