Sunday, January 13, 2008

Winter Blahs

Have any of you seen the commercial where there is a middle-aged guy standing out in front of his yard, looking at his huge beautiful Christmas light display? He is holding a huge electrical cord in his hands, and looks a little depressed. He takes one last look at his lights, then slowly unplugs them. Everything goes dark, and the music stops. He sadly sticks out his bottom lip and his head slowly bows. After that his neighbor tells him to cheer up cuz some cellular phones or something are on sale. But I kind of feel like that about this time of year.

Christmas is over, New Years is over, and springtime is far, faaaaaaar away. The sun goes down in mid-afternoon, and even during the hours when it is up, it is way too cold to go outside anyway. I am not a skiier, so I really don't have much use for snow after Christmas is over, but it just keeps coming and coming. I guess it is better than the alternative, which is grey, slushy yuckiness. Preston says I must have a little of that SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), and maybe I do, but my least favorite months of the year are January and February.

Does anyone else ever feel like this? If so, what do you do to snap yourself out of it? So far, I have been turning to leftover Christmas chocolate to cheer me up, but my supply is quickly running out :).

Sorry to bum you out, but I needed to vent a little :). Anyway, so I can end on a happy note, here is a picture of Arden from our trip to Disneyland in December. Preston bought a huuuuge jawbreaker sucker to eat while standing in line for rides, and of course Arden quickly took over possession (Preston is a wussy when it comes to sharing drinks or anything with baby slobber in or on it, so as soon as she had one lick it was over). She thoroughly enjoyed it, as you can see!

At least I have my little sunshine if I can't have the real thing!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like you need to move somewhere warm...like Florida!

Allie said...

did preston buy a new sucker? He used to buy those things all the time and take days and days and days and days licking at the huge thing.