Tuesday, April 29, 2008

SUPRISE!


Last Thursday night I got the surprise of my life. Our adoption case worker called me during the day and told me that the supervisor of their office wanted us to come in and have a quick meeting so he could just get to know us a little better. I figured we had just put in our papers, so it was probably something they did with all newly-approved couples. But when we got to the agency, Thursday night, Kevin (the supervisor) handed us a basket full of baby boy clothes, a little bear dressed in blue, and a picture from with an ultrasound picture! It was a gift from a birth mom who had chosen us to be the parents of her little baby boy, who is due June 7th!

It has taken some time to wrap my mind around the fact that in about a month, we will have a new baby boy at our house! I thought it would take months and months to get chosen. We have about a million things to do, starting with coming up with a name for the little guy. If anyone has any brilliant suggestions, please feel free to let me know, I am kind of stumped on this one so far.

We met our birth mom in person yesterday, and she is the sweetest thing. She is tall (5'11") and blond, and the birth father is tall too. She is making a really brave choice to place her baby for adoption since she is only 18 and isn't ready to be a mom yet. We really enjoyed getting to know her a little better, and we are starting to get really excited for our new baby to get here! Of course, with adoption, anything can happen, so it is going to be a stressful few weeks for me! So, try to bear with me if I am a little edgy or out of it, I have a lot on my mind! Thanks to everyone for all of the support and well wishes. I will keep you posted!

15 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hooray!!!!!! We're all so excited for you, Grace jumped for joy (literally) when I told the kids they were getting a new cousin.

As far as ideas for names, when Matthew was born our second choices for his name were Samuel and Richard. If you like them, use them (I don't think we'll be needing them) and if not maybe it will help get some ideas going.

Chris W. said...

Yay! How exciting! We can't wait to meet him.

Boy names can be tough. Of course, Zane and Nash are both great names. =) Here are some others for you to think about: Vance, Cale, Kai, Asher, Jace

Shauna Hardy said...

So I went to the outlets in Park City today and they had so many cute baby boy clothes! I love buying baby clothes...so needless to say... I bought something for your little one today! I am so excited for you!

Leslie said...

How's wonderful! I'm so happy for you guys.
Gosh as for boys names it's so hard. Have you thought of family names for either the first or middle name?
Well, we be in Utah in July and I hope to see you and you little man.

shelly said...

I am so happy for you guys. Arden will be a great big sister.

Allie said...

WAHOOOO!!! I am so happy for you guys! Boy names were the toughest for us, good thing we only had to come up with one! You guys will pick a good one!

Amanda said...

I am so excited for you guys (and me! a new baby for me to play with!) I will think of some names for you. There are a lot of cute boy names. So happy for you. Sorry I didn't answer the phone when you called me, but I was so excited when I got the message!

Brindy said...

That is AWESOME!! I didn't know you turned in your adoption papers. I can only imagine the million and one emotions you are having right now. At least you haven't had to wait a whole 9 months -- that would be torture! Congratulations again, I hope everything goes smoothly. :)

Kate said...

Oh my heck! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you to have a boy! As for names, check out The Baby Name Wizard book. It will give you names that go well with Arden. At least it will give you a start!

Lori said...

We are so excited to have a new nephew, especially one that will be so close to our little guy! I can't share any boy name ideas with you because we are in the same boat...it is very stressful!
Good luck and I hope this next month goes smoothly for you.

Jess said...

Broxton is so happy. He hopes the boy comes on June 7th because that is Broxton's b-day. As for names I don't know. It tend to stick with the ones that start with BR ;). I would love to do the family pics and you know I could also bring the ligths for the studio and do the new born too. I am so very happy for you all. You are wonderful parents and such good people.
love Jess

The Taylor Family said...

That is so exciting! You and your fam will be in our prayers that everything will work out perfectly!

Roy said...

Sweet!!!

I think you should pick one of your siblings children's names.

For instance, say the new boy has a cousin named John Michael. In honor of that cousin, you should name the new boy John Michael the Second.

It's the ultimate in flattery and pays homage to a lovely child along the way.

Oh, and Roy is a good name, too.

Grace says "how about Fred?".

Kirstin Schmidt said...

Congrats!!! That is fabulous!! I am so excited for your family!! Wow there will be a lot of little boys again in the neighborhood. Steve and I have trouble with boys names too. I had a long list of girls names picked out and that we agreed upon but when it came to boys it was a struggle. You want it to be masculine, unique, and can't be teased with. Names I didn't use but liked were Wyatt, Colin, Damon, Harrison. Don't know if you like any of those but I tried. Hopefully I won't need them next time. I want a girl!!

Diane said...

Grandma Haun called last night to verify that the rumor Jyl told her that you were getting a new baby boy was correct. She is excited for you! She said David James and Holly will be blessing their baby in June, Jayme is expecting hers in June. Yours is coming in June. Dan and Lori's is coming in July. And they are all boys. She thought that was amazing. B.J. has even bought little body suits for him. They aren't blue, but they're cute. I'll give you blue booties for his feet, then everybody will know he's a boy. Ha Ha.