Anyway, Daxton is doing great and getting bigger and bigger. Yesterday was his one-month-old birthday! According to my scale at home, he weighs a little more than 10 pounds. Here he is with his bear:
He is still eating all day (and all night) but is awake for a lot longer than he used to be, which is fun. He always has his eyes open sooo wide and just looking around everywhere. Here is an example of how his eyes usually look when he is awake:
Arden still loves him and thankfully hasn't asked us to give him back or anything like that yet. She is always trying to help him. She is so sweet to try and help, but we have run into some problems. She wants to help him eat, but pushes the bottle into his mouth too hard (this is my fault because I bought her a bottle for her "baby" doll that makes little sucking and burping noises, but only if you push is REALLY hard into the doll's face). She wants to help him burp, but can get a little over zealous with the burp taps if he doesn't burp in the first 8 seconds after she starts patting. I have even caught her a couple of times this week trying to pick him up herself, which totally scares me. I keep trying to deflect her attention to her own "baby," and here she is carrying her baby around in the Baby Bjorn:
Arden finally figured out how to go poopoo in the potty (I know, I know, sorry to subject you to a potty discussion, but this is my life now), so we are going to start the full-on potty training any day now...wish me luck! I will need it because I am a total wussie when it comes to this kind of stuff, and I have a really oversensitive gag reflex. I can't get my teeth x-rayed at the dentist without gagging like crazy. Somehow I have been ok with the diapers, probably because I can hurry and wrap it up and throw it away, but I am worried about the accidents that I know are in my future. Nothing to do but "mommy up" and deal with it, I guess.
On another note, I have been reading the book "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer this week. I haven't been doing much reading over the past few months, but it is one of the things I can do while I am forever feeding/burping Daxton. He is a slooow eater, and sometimes it takes him 45 minutes to finish a bottle. I am liking the book more than I thought I would, and it made me remember how much I like to read if I can find a good book. So, if anyone has any other books they have read lately that they have really liked, let me know what they are. I don't read a lot of "new" books...I mainly stick to the classics (Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, Henry James, stuff like that) but I am kind of running out of those and have no idea what new books are good. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
9 comments:
Okay first of all, WOW! I agree with you that I just don't know how single moms do it and I'm very grateful for a hubby that helps me with the kids.
As for Daxton, he's so YUMMY!
For potty training,YIKE! I don't know what to tell you because for each child it works differently. With Mya, whenever she went in the toilet, we gave her a treat. The treat was something she could eat.
Go luck!
As for good books, they're so many out there. Have you asked Julie Keddington because she know tons of books but here are some of my favorite; Having Our Say: The Delany Sisters' First 100 Years by Sadie and Bessie Delany(very funny and amazing!), The secret life of Bee by Sue Monk Kidd(wow), and have you read any more of Stephanie Meyer other books, like her young adults series;: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse.(Wonderful!)There's many more and I well you fun reading!
The kids are getting so big!! I cant wait to meet baby Daxton and see big girl Arden!!!! When are we going to lunch? I need a baby fix! My baby is getting way too big now!
That is so funny with Arden and the Baby Bjorn. I will have to post a picture of Isaac with the baby bjorn. I was a little more daring with Isaac and put Dallin in it. I must have had little to no sleep that day.
P.S. On the potty training thing? Just throw the dang underwears away if it's a bad one. It's not worth your nose or the trouble of washing them. They are a $1.00. It's o.k. If it's a smidgen. Throw them in the wash all by themselves and hope for the best!! Good Luck!
Daxton has grown so much!! He is so cute! Arden is adorable walking around with her baby attached...too cute!
I would just throw the underware away if i were you. It stains and seriously, sometimes its not worth cleaning out.
Cant wait to see you guys sunday!!
Cute pictures and stories! With the new pull-ups that are like diapers and underwear combined, I hope the potty-training goes well. In the olden days, it was messier and more primitive. You wore "training pants" that were like little panties made of soft absorbable cloth, but when you tinkled in your training pants, it would run down your leg. You didn't like that at all, so once we really got committed to it, you caught on really fast. Pooh-pooh was a different story, but you got the idea pretty quick.
Amanda gave me a book-on-CD, JOHN ADAMS. It might be boring for you, but I like history and really liked it! Lots of facts, and description about what was going on in the country and the world at the time of the American Revolution. You might fall asleep listening instead of reading, but you can borrow it anytime!
Sounds like Arden is being a good big sister! It is nice that she wants to help all of the time. Good luck with the potty training....that about did me in...it was so hard. If you need to get out to the park or something this week call me and we'll go!
Daxton's eyes are so big. He is precious. I might have to quit reading your blog because your reminding me of what I have to look forward to in a couple of months. I'm reading a great book right now it's called "The Book Theif". Good Luck with the potty training. I'm doing the same thing with Daniel.
Sorry I am absoluty no help with the potty training thing... It sounds like i have a gag reflex like yours!! I changed my first diaper in 25 yrs about 4 days ago! I had one attempt two years ago but I got it off and Dallas had to save me!
As for books I am a huge book fan I love seires, the twilight books by Stephanie Meyer are fantastic! I also read a 10 book series the first one is called Pearls and Peril by Lynn Gardner... The were really fun to read and one more that was great I am still waiting for the second one to come out is by Sandra Gray the book it called Traitor once you get in to it Super Good! Well have fun with those midnight feedings if it makes you feel any better it takes Jayme like an hour to feed Ryker and then she pumps for a half hour... This is the routine every three hours! Good Luck!!!
Post a Comment