The next day we went to the Riverdale parade with my family. My sister recently moved to Riverdale and had heard that a lot of candy was thrown in the parade and that the parade itself was pretty short. Short parade, lots of candy, sounded perfect! So we headed down there and were not disappointed! Arden scored a TON of candy (with the help of Preston, of course) and the parade was short enough that she didn't get bored or too hot. Then we did the BBQ thing, first at my parents' house and then at Preston's parents. By the time we got home Arden was tiiiiiiired. Here is a slide show of some of the pictures we took:
The next day we kind of laid low and relaxed in the morning, and then headed to our nephew Matthew's 1st birthday party in the evening. During the day, I was running on the treadmill and trying to find something to watch on TV (we don't have our satellite TV in the basement so I am stuck with network stations). I ended up watching a show about Medal of Honor winners. With all the rushing around and eating food and watching parades and fireworks, I hadn't had much of a chance to really think about how lucky we are to live in this country and to really appreciate all of those who have given their lives so that we can enjoy all of the freedoms that we all seem to take for granted. Forget Batman and Hancock, those guys are the real superheroes. I am so glad that there were and are people like them who are brave enough to give their lives for our country. I really doubt whether I would be brave enough to do anything that those men and women have done, and I hope I never have to find out!
On another note, the potty training is going pretty good. After the first few days, Arden is finally getting the idea, and even went #2 in the potty this morning all by herself. Preston found her sitting on the potty doing her thing, she didn't even have to tell us she needed to go, she just went all by herself. Hopefully things will keep getting better and we will have this whole potty thing perfected in another couple of weeks.


4 comments:
I like the new family pictures. Cute. Glad you enjoyed the parade. We have way too much candy! Need to figure out something to do with it all.
Daxton is getting so big already! And I can't believe Arden is old enough to potty train. You have the cutest kids!!! -Emily
Looks like you guys had a great time! Its fun when the kids get into hollidays, it makes you remember why you celebrate them, and brings back the fun!
Love the shade for Daxton! Love the photos and your kids are growing too fast. I especially enjoy the photo of Arden on the Potty!
Post a Comment