We have been having a tough time around here this week. One of my good friends, Char, has twin boys who are about 19 months old. On Wednesday night, one of her boys, Mason, choked on a pretzel. Despite Char's heroic attempts to dislodge it and the best efforts of the ambulance crew, Mason was without oxygen for 8 minutes. He was life flighted to Primary Children's hospital, but the neurological damage is such that he can't survive without life support. Char and her husband have made the heartbreaking decision to take him off of life support later today. I would ask anyone who is reading this blog who already isn't praying for Char and her family to please do so.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
If Tomorrow Never Comes
The older I get the more I realize that life isn't fair. Terrible things happen to good people, and sometimes I just can't figure out the reasons why.
We have been having a tough time around here this week. One of my good friends, Char, has twin boys who are about 19 months old. On Wednesday night, one of her boys, Mason, choked on a pretzel. Despite Char's heroic attempts to dislodge it and the best efforts of the ambulance crew, Mason was without oxygen for 8 minutes. He was life flighted to Primary Children's hospital, but the neurological damage is such that he can't survive without life support. Char and her husband have made the heartbreaking decision to take him off of life support later today. I would ask anyone who is reading this blog who already isn't praying for Char and her family to please do so.
This has really made me realize how precious and how fragile our lives are. Anyone can be taken from us at any moment. I hope that I can remember this and try to appreciate the people in my life who I love more and not take for granted that they will be with me tomorrow.
We have been having a tough time around here this week. One of my good friends, Char, has twin boys who are about 19 months old. On Wednesday night, one of her boys, Mason, choked on a pretzel. Despite Char's heroic attempts to dislodge it and the best efforts of the ambulance crew, Mason was without oxygen for 8 minutes. He was life flighted to Primary Children's hospital, but the neurological damage is such that he can't survive without life support. Char and her husband have made the heartbreaking decision to take him off of life support later today. I would ask anyone who is reading this blog who already isn't praying for Char and her family to please do so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh Chrystie! That is so upsetting! I am so sorry for your friend and her family! Something like that could definatly happen to any of us, and it does show us how fragile we are.
Prayers to her and her family through this difficult time!
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. It is amazing how quickly life can change forever. My thoughts and prayers are with Char and her family.
I am so sorry for your friend, and for everyone who was touched by the little boy. It is a good reminder to all of us to fill every moment of our lives with love. Give your kids a hug and kiss for me.
How truly devastating! I heard of this on Tuesday at Julie's and hoped that Mason would have improved. My prayers are with Char and her family.
Post a Comment