I like to watch whatever is on, but I have to admit I do get a little tired of all of the gymnastics. Do we really have to watch them all stand around and put chalk on their hands for 5 minutes? And do we really have to watch China's entire team do every single event? Can't we just get the highlights or maybe watch some neglected sport like judo or water polo or kayaking while we wait? Seriously. I kind of like to see some of the more obscure sports like that, it is kind of fun. Preston's favorite event to watch seems to be women's beach volleyball. I wonder why. Could it have something to do with the teeny bikinis that the poor girls have to play in? And while we are on that subject, why do the men's beach volleyball players have to wear shirts? Seems like it would be more fair if they were shirtless. Are you with me, ladies? I have to admit I do like to watch the men's water polo when I can find it, and probably most of it doesn't have to do with my love for the game of water polo:
Anyway, I think the most exciting thing I have seen in the Olympics so far (aside from watching the riveting coverage of the gymnastic hand-chalking) was that Men's 4 x 100 relay race a couple of days ago. It was so fun to beat those French guys after they were talking so much smack about how they were going to "crush" the Americans!! I was a little worried after the race that Michael Phelps' swimsuit was going to fall off during his victory dance though.Arden and Daxton are both doing really well. Daxton is holding his head up pretty good, so we put him in his "bebe pod" chair this last week. He really likes it now, but he wasn't too sure about it at first...here is his reaction to the first time I put him in it:
You can tell from his expression that he is thinking "what the heck am I supposed to do with this??" Arden is doing great still and loves to play with Dax and read him stories:
And, we can now put Dax in our stroller without having to attach the car seat to it. I think he likes it much better this way because he can actually see where we are going:
We had a fun weekend and went to the baseball game on Friday night with Jason, Bre and Benson, and then we went to the demolition derby at the Weber County Fair on Saturday night with my sisters and their escorts. I love to go to the fair, it is almost like going to another country. It is fun to walk through and look at the animals, and we even went to a few minutes of the pig auction. It is weird to look around at the kids who are bringing in the pigs to be auctioned and at the farmers who are bidding on the pigs and to think how different their lives are from my life. But of course the highlight of the fair is the demolition derby. If you have never been to one, you should try it. My sister Amanda blogged all about it and even has some video of the dramatic finish, check out her blog here.
On Sunday we headed over to Preston's parents house for a goodbye party. His parents are off to New Delhi, India on their second mission. They just got back from their humanitarian mission to China in December, so we are sad to see them go again so soon...Arden was just starting to get used to them. Here is a cute picture of Dax and Grandma Zaugg.
By the time they get back he will be in nursery!
5 comments:
I agree with your Olympic observations - including those about beach vollyball and water polo. I was a little better at watching the gymnastics this year, but I agree, we spent a lot of time last night watching them chalk and walk and stress out. But the network was really excited that they were "Live".
Dax looks so big now! I will have to come play with him more. Wow, crazy to even think about him in nursery, or where Arden will be then. Wow!
I am right there with you on Michael Phelphs' suit(yikes!). I also love the beach volleyball. I am rooting for Rogers/Dalhausser for gold because I have loved watching them for the last few years. I would be okay if Gibb/Rosenthal won too since Gibb is a Utah boy and my friend Joy's brother-in-law.
That is so cute that Arden is trying to tumble. You need to get her signed up for classes:-).
I can always count on you for yummy man photos. (The picture of Daxton in is stroller is cute too)
I like the gymnastics, I would much rather watch those then water polo (boring)
I like the gymnastics too! I don't mean that I don't like gymnastics! I really do like to watch them, I was just trying to say that maybe instead of watching the gymnasts wander around between routines, we could watch another sport while we wait! Sorry if I offended whoever left the last comment.
Post a Comment