- Smiles at the toy and makes happy noises, trying to convince the toy to come to him. Gives up quickly.
- Rocks back and forth for a little while. Gives up quickly.
- Plops down on his belly and tries to swim to the toy. Takes a small rest. Tries to swim to the toy again. Takes small rest. Repeat. Again. and Again.
I am not sure why he thinks that the swim is worth trying over and over when he gives up on his other methods so fast. Oh well. He'll figure it out all too soon.
Dax is growing up really fast all of the sudden, and now has 4 teeth! Two on top and two on the bottom. Here is a picture of his newest teeth (sorry, he is drooling and has garden vegetables all over his face).
If you have known me very long, you know that I LOVE to travel and I always like to have the next trip planned so I have something to look forward to (especially in winter!!). I was trying to decide where we could take our little family on our next vacation and I am kind of figuring out that everywhere that I would really like to go sounds really hard with a toddler and a baby and all of the stuff that must go along with them. Any suggestions? Oh well. I guess we will just have to take it easy for a while in the trip department. I came across a poem the other day that made me feel a little better, hope you enjoy:
To My Child by Anne Campbell
You are the trip I did not take;
You are the pearls I cannot buy;
You are my blue Italian lake;
You are my piece of foreign sky.
Even if you are drooling and covered in garden vegetables.
11 comments:
I love the swim. It is awesome. Wonder if he would know to swim if you put him in water. He even holds his head up!
I also love the smile and bright eyes in the picture with the teeth. What a cute baby!
I am thinking I am stuck in my house for many years, I have the same feelings about traveling with 4...I just don't want to! Dax and Drake are little twins, too cute.
Cute post Chrystie. I love Daxton's lashes... why is it that the boys alway get the long curly lashes... so cute!
Justin just asked me last night if I'd want to go to Hawaii again soon. Even though I totally think Hawaii is a wonderful family vacation location. It seems like too much work with a young toddler... maybe in a few years.
I hear Seattle is fun with young kids.
A quick trip to Moab is always fun for us. Tons of sand and sunshine. Kids love to hike around and play, no airplanes, and cheap hotels if you pick the right weekend. Sometimes staying close to home can be just as fun and lots easier on mom and dad.
I love that quote because it's so true! He's getting so big to fast. As for a trip, I agree with Holly that Hawaii is great but I think it's too much work with little ones. Washington is sure is beautiful but I would like to go somewhere warmer.
But in the summer Washington is perfect! (at least I think so, and I'm only a little biased) And with a free place to stay - it's cheap too.
I forgot, the best way to go on a trip with little kids is to leave them home with Daddy! We need to do a girl's weekend to Disneyland this year. You name the date and I will be there.
Watch out Michael Phelps! Your poem made me teary. It's exactly what I needed to hear because I was stressing about medical costs.
that is so cute that he does that. you gotta love kids. they are awesome!
I think no matter where you go it is harder with kids. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't go. I think that is part of the fun and it makes you appreciate home more. I've taken my kids lots of places and it's hard everywhere but at least your together.
What strong back muscles litte Dax will have!! And I agree with Manda on that girls Disneyland weekend. I'm sure Mom and Dad would help Preston out with the kids . . .
Post a Comment