Isn't he SCARY!!! Daxton got this dinosaur bath towel for Christmas and LOVES it. Anyway, I just had to post it...it is pretty much the only picture I have taken all week. Now that Christmas and the holidays are over and we aren't doing tons of exciting stuff, I just forget to break out the camera for the everyday stuff, even though most of my life IS made up of everyday stuff. Somehow scraping peas out of Daxton's hair and cleaning up Arden's plastic food from her kitchen for the 10th time in one day isn't as photogenic.
Arden was making me laugh just now as I was putting her to bed. She loves to sing, but she sometimes squishes her songs together. She started out singing the ABC song, but ended up who knows where. She sang: "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUV, how I wonder what you are...up above the world so high, like a diamond in the rough!" (diamond in the rough is from Aladdin, in case you were wondering). Hilarious!
.
I am looking for some advice on my silly little girl. She has been potty trained for months now, and is doing great during the day. However, I still put her to bed in pull-ups because every morning when she wakes up she is wet. Every. Morning. Not just most mornings, every morning. Once she falls asleep, she is a really heavy sleeper, and has hardly ever (I can count on one hand) got out of bed to go potty in the middle of the night. Should I just not give her any liquids after dinner? I would hate to wake her up in the middle of the night every night because I know it would take at least a half an hour to get her back to sleep. She won't be 3 until March, so should I just wait for a while and see if it starts happening by itself? Help?
10 comments:
Geez, your kids are adorable!
Your kids are cute! I wouldn't really worry about Arden wetting at night. It can just be that she isn't really or able to keep dry while she sleeps. Hey at least you're just using a pull up once a day and she's dry when she's awake. That's something to celebrate!
Chase has to wear a diaper as well and when I asked his Dr. about it he said that they don't get concerned until the kids are 6 and can't stay dry. Not a lot of help, I know! We had a lot of fun with Uncle Preston last night. Too bad you guys didn't come with him.
I love Arden's song. So cute!
I haven't blogged for awhile and I missed all your posts! You are way better at updating your blog than I am. I can't help with the potty training. Parker only wet the bed once and it was because I forgot to make sure he went potty before bed.
P.S.Thanks for the fun today!
Dax is cute with his towel!! Adorable!!! Looks like he will be crawling soon! He is doing all the signs that Dallin did!! The swimming in air is so true! It makes me crack up everytime! He barely started crawling 3 days before his birthday! Little slow but oh well. As for Arden, I wouldn't worry about it. It will go away on it's own. My Doc, told me not to give Isaac any liquids 2-3 hrs. before bedtime and to make them go try to go pee-pee before they hop into bed. After that no urine!!! I was amazed!! Hope it works, if it doesn't they will learn to control it through age!
I have tried everything to get Kaden to sleep through the night dry. To date...3 times. Ever. EVER!!! Our pedi said it was normal until 8. I sure hope its 8 instead of 6....
good luck with that. I think some kids can do it, some cant. Hailey wet at night until the end of 1st. So far kaden still is...he is in 1st. and Kinley has been able to do it for awhile now.
hope you get some good advice that I havent tried before ;) i will be checking!
My pediatrician says totally normal and that night potty training is totally different than day. I agree with Kirsten on cutting down on liquids before bed. Not only does it help them stay dry but when they do learn to wake up then they wake you up (Daniel). Cute songs and I love the hooded towels.
My but my grandchildren are adorable and smart. You have probably already noticed, but the ABC song has the same tune as Twinkle Twinkle, so it's logical to put them together (except for the Aladdin part). I wouldn't worry about the night wetness. It goes away as they get older. Heavy sleepers, especially, take a bit longer. And she isn't even three yet. You and Dan were still having trouble at night at this age.
HAHAH!! I love your blog.. your daughter is amazing and a genius just like you! And what I REALLY love is that your Mom announced to the world about you and Dan having trouble at that age.. now THAT is funny! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!! I love your blog! And yes, I agree with everybody about the potty thing.
Post a Comment