Monday, May 25, 2009
The Best Year Ever
To my little Dax!
365 days ago, you were born. You were born a week and a half earlier than expected, and I didn't even find out that you had been born until the next day. I remember that I felt kind of weird and detatched when I got that phone call..."your son was born yesterday." I remember thinking how you had been alive for an entire night and I had no idea what you even looked like. It didn't seem real to me yet. I was so excited when your birth mom sent us some pictures of you later that morning. As soon as I saw your picture, everything instantly became so very real. I know that it is kind of silly to say that you fell in love with a picture, but that is what happened to me. You were and are such a beautiful, beautiful boy.
I am sure that neither of us expected to be celebrating your first birthday as a family of five. I know that there are times when it is hard for you to see your new little sister in my arms when you want to be there too. It is hard to have to share a lap when you are still a baby yourself. You are such a patient little guy, and you have such a sweet heart. I hope you know that I love you more than I could ever tell you, and I hope you know that I am trying my best. You got thrown into the "big brother" role pretty early in life, but I know that you are going to be a great one (once you learn to stop trying to pull your little sister's nose off).
I was in a grocery store with you a week or so ago (daddy was home watching the girls), and a old song from the 70's that my mom used to listen to was playing in the background. I always thought it was a cheesy old song, but I found myself singing it to you and thinking that it described you perfectly:
On the day that you were born, the angels got together;
And decided to create a dream come true;
So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold,
And starlight in your eyes of blue.
You have learned so much in this year, and this year since I met you has as been the best year of my life. Not the easiest, but the best. You really are a dream come true (yes, it is cheesy, but it is the truth!!) When I am having a hard day you can always make me smile. I have loved watching you grow this past year, and I am looking forward to seeing how much smarter, stronger and bigger you get this next year. I am so very proud of you, and I am truly blessed to be your mother.
Happy Birthday, my little man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Happy Birthday to your cute little guy! It actually seems like he should be older than 1 year old. :) I love all the pictures of him each month with his little bear, that is such a creative idea that you started with Arden. Hope you had a great day!
Happy Birthday Dax! I love the pics with the teddy bear, I can't believe how much he has grown up. You are such an eloquent writer, I always tear up. Dax, Arden and Cora are so lucky to have you as a mom.
Happy Birthday to your little man! I love the tribute you wrote to Dax and the photos are some much fun.
Congrats!! He is such a stud!! Time has flown by so quickly! Here's to many more years when that Teddy Bear will be the size of his foot!
I think it's the song, but I'm reading your letter to Dax with tears on my cheeks. (That part of Dumbo always makes me cry.) Funny how all mom's feel the same about their kids. Love you and your family!
Post a Comment