Earlier this week while Arden and Dax were napping, Corbie and I were sitting on the couch trying to get some work done and the TV was on in the background. It was the last episode of Gilmore Girls. If you haven't seen the show before, it is about a mother and a daughter. In this episode, the daughter is getting ready to move out of her mom's house now that she is graduated from college and off to start her first real job. The night before she leaves, the mom sneaks into her room and just watches her sleep. SAD! Right after this scene Arden comes down the stairs from her nap. Here is the conversation that followed:
ME: Arden, you won’t ever grow up and leave me, will you?
ARDEN (smiling): No!
ME: Great answer! So how are we going to stop you from growing up?
ARDEN (rolling her eyes at me…yes she already does this): I already growing up! Every night I get bigger and bigger!
ME: I know! How much bigger are you going to get?
ARDEN: Soon I be as big as a mountain!
ME: (trying not to laugh) Wow, that is big. But then if you grow up you will want to go to college or get married or something and leave me.
ARDEN: No I not!
ME: Why not?
ARDEN: I be married right here!
ME: Oh really? You will grow up and get married and you and your husband will live here with daddy and me?
ARDEN: Yes.
ME: And your kids too?
ARDEN: Yeah.
ME: Won’t you have a job so you can pay for your own house?
ARDEN: No. I stay here!
ME: What about your husband? What is his job going to be?
ARDEN: Nothing.
ME: Nothing?? And any kids are you going to have?
ARDEN: (holding up a bunch of fingers) One Two Three Four Five Six Seven!
ME: And you are all going to live here in this house?
ARDEN: (smiling) YES!
Hmmmmm…maybe I better rethink this.
Here are just a few other random snapshots from our week. Corbie has discovered her tongue and it is constantly sticking it out of her mouth. I just love her little tongue:
6 comments:
That conversation was so funny...I agree you may want to rethinking that! I love the photo with Corbie tongue sticking out and I can't believe your little man is so big.
I love the egg in the hair. Your so nice to let her try--I still won't let my kids crack eggs, but they keep begging to. Maybe egg in the hair would cure them of the desire to.
Yeah, I think I will wait as long as I can before letting Arden break another egg....apparently she isn't quite ready!
You have to love the intellect of a young'in! So cute! You probably said the same thing to your mama... :)
I first looked at your blog a couple of days ago. I saw Arden's picture and thought, "MY! How grown up she looks!." Then your words went on to talk about her growing up and leaving you. Ha Ha. That's what you did to me!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! That is hillarious, I am dying laughing right now! I LOOOOOVE Arden! I am seriously laughing so hard right now.. thank you so much for sharing your life.. it's so awesome!
Post a Comment