Friday, September 25, 2009

There's a grape on your forehead

Daxton has recently given up his morning nap. He is 16 months old today, so it was time. He has been doing pretty good, but by the time nap time rolls around in the afternoons, he is usually
MORE than ready to go to sleep. This morning, Daxton and Corbie decided to wake each other up around 6:00 a.m. We had a rough, tired, whiny morning (and that was just me). Dax was a little grouchy too, so I made him his favorite, mac & cheese, for lunch. He finished that off pretty quick, and I gave him a little piece of banana bread to eat while I ran upstairs to change Corbie's diaper. This is what I found when I came back downstairs 2 minutes later:





Looks like he took a couple of bites of the banana bread, and then just couldn't stand it anymore and laid his tired little head down on his macaroni-sauce-covered tray and went to sleep. His pink milk was slowly spilling everywhere out of his sippy cup, but I picked him up before it got to his face. He had half a grape stuck to his forehead and a piece of macaroni on his nose when I picked him up (sorry, no picture of that) :) I gently brushed off his face then went and laid him in his crib and he didn't wake up at all. Poor little guy.

6 comments:

Holly said...

So cute! I have never had a kid fall asleep in their highchair.

Emily said...

That is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Poor Dax..... :)

Ryan and Amber said...

Oh man that is one cute little tired blonde head! :) Love it!

Roy said...

What exactly did you put in the sippy cup?

Amanda said...

Darling!

Leslie said...

It's darling!!!