Since the end of summer was rapidly approaching, last weekend we decided we had better hurry up and do something summery. We haven't been on very many trips (ok...none) since Corbie was born, so we got brave and took the kids up up to Bear Lake for a long weekend. We weren't brave enough to go alone, of course, and so my parents and my sisters and brother in law came along too.
We drove up on Friday morning, and the drive wasn't too bad, actually. Daxton was getting pretty restless coming down the mountain so we HAD to stop at LaBeaus and get some raspberry shakes and burgers for lunch (or at least that is the excuse we gave for stopping). After we got settled in we headed up to the pool. Arden is my little water baby. She loves to swim, and with her floaters on she is really good. She can swim on her back or her front (as she will happily tell anyone who will listen). She can go for hours and it is HARD to pry her out of a pool once she is in.
Dax on the other hand got tired of swimming after a while and spent a lot of the time chasing the beach ball around the edges of the pool. Unfortunately, the chasing ended when Dax tripped and fell and hit his nose on the cement. I ran over, scooped him up, and took him into the bathroom to clean his bloody nose up. He was soon feeling better, but as soon as I brought him back out too the pool, he started crying again and squirming and reaching for....Grandpa. That kid LOVES his grandpa. He was grandpa's little shadow the entire weekend, practically glued to him. I must admit my feelings were a little hurt to find out I am not the favorite anymore. Preston explained to me that of course Dax likes Grandpa better because never holds Daxton down to change his diaper, never makes him take a nap, and ALWAYS has M&Ms...how can I compete with that????
.
This is the only picture I have of Dax and Grandpa (sorry Dad for the unauthorized swimsuit pic, but you look great! Me on the other hand...why can't I sit up straight???)
The next day we took the waverunners down to the lake. The day started out cloudy but it cleared up by the afternoon. I was worried about how Corbie would do on the beach ALL DAY, but she did great! She even took a couple of really good naps! Here are some shots of my adorable little beach baby:
It was a fun weekend, and Arden loved playing Frisbee with Amanda and Matt and making them bury her legs in the sand (Amanda made me crop her out of the picture, but that is her leg):
7 comments:
Corby is so cute in her little swimming suit! It looks like she was having a blast. You look terrific -- I wish I looked that good in a swimsuit.
Thanks for the cropping, and thanks for planning the weekend, we had fun.
YOU are brave!! Im glad you got to get out and have some fun.. and thank goodness for Grandpas....
Your kids are so cute and good for you braving the elements and heading to Bear Lake!
I can not believe how big they are getting!!! So cute!! And btw, WHEN DO you find time to post your blogs?? Such a good Mommy!
Next Summer you'll be able fit a little more in. I'm glad you got some fun in. They grow so fast the little times are gone too quickly. Enjoy your cute family.
It looks like ya'll had so much fun!!!! The kids are cute as they can be.
Post a Comment