Daxton has a new favorite thing. This time, it is a TV show called "Shaun the Sheep." This is the first time Dax has really watched TV and actually paid attention. I think Arden was about this same age when she started paying attention to TV, so it was bound to happen sooner or later.
I must admit, Shaun the Sheep is a pretty good show. One of my favorite things is that he episodes only last 5 minutes! (Arden's first favorite show was Toy Story. A LOT bigger time commitment there). Episodes of Shaun the Sheep sometimes come on in between other shows on the Disney Channel, so that is where I first saw them. They are made by the same company who makes "Wallace and Grommit," which Preston loves. I was at Costco and saw a DVD that had a few episodes of Shaun the Sheep together on one disc called "Little Sheep of Horrors." It has the "scary" episodes, and I thought it would be fun to bring it home to Preston for Halloween.
.
When we put it in the DVD player, as soon as Daxton saw the sheep he pointed to the TV and yelled "BAAAA!" He actually watched the TV for a few minutes, which was pretty unusual for him, so I could tell he liked it.
.
Over the last couple of weeks every time he would see the cover for the DVD, he would bring it to me and say "BAAA!" Then, over the last couple of days, he has started saying "BAAA!" every time I turn the TV on. Preston and I went to the temple last weekend, and Daxton convinced my parents keep Shaun the Sheep on in the background (the DVD starts over again if you don't turn it off) pretty much the whole time we were gone.
Today, Daxton's love for Shaun the Sheep caused me some trouble. Corbie is 6 months old today (Happy Birthday Corbie!!) and she had her well-baby checkup this morning. I brought Dax with me. There is a TV in the waiting room at the doctor's office, and during the ONE MINUTE we were waiting for our turn, guess what came on TV. Shaun the Sheep, of course. Dax was ecstatic. I was laughing so hard when I saw how excited he was. He was yelling "BAAABAAABAAA!" and doing a little excited feet-stomping dance. Of course, right in the middle of his happy dance, the nurse called us to come back to the exam rooms. Dax was NOT a happy camper as I picked him up and carried him away. He wailed "BaaAAAaaa! BaaAAAaaa!" as I carried him down the long, long hall away from the TV and his beloved sheep.
.As soon as we got to the exam room room and I put Dax down, he got a little smile on his face, said a quiet little "Baaa" and bolted for the door. I quickly shut the door so he couldn't escape. I got Corbie all undressed and ready to be weighed and measured, and we headed for the scale right outside the room. Dax hadn't said anything for a minute or two, so I was hoping he was over it. I was wrong. As soon as I was busy laying Corbie down on the scale, Daxton took off running as fast as he could down the hall, happily yelling "BaaaAAAH! BaaaAAAAH!" I called for him to come back, but he completely ignored me. I even tried the middle name trick "DAXTON JOSHUA, COME BACK HERE NOW!" but he was only speeding up. When properly motivated, that kid can move. I finally had to run after him (embarrassing!) and haul him back down the hall. Cora wasn't too thrilled that I had left her all alone with the nurse while I chased Dax down, so both of the kids were screaming by now. So fun.
The rest of the appointment went ok, but at least every minute or two, Dax would look at me with his puppy dog eyes and let out a sad little "baaaaaa." Then when we leaving, he got happy again as we headed for the waiting room, but of course Shaun the Sheep was long over. All the way home in the car, Dax was still making his heartbreaking little "baaaaas." So once we got home and I got Cora down for her nap, I gave Dax his wish. Here is my excited little guy:
You can't tell, but there are some happy little "Baa! Baa!"'s coming from my boy as I took this picture!
.
And here are Cora's latest lamb pictures. She is almost 15 pounds now!
4 comments:
I think the lamb pictures are such a great idea! I've never watched Shaun the Sheep, but it might be a nice change of pace for Grace, who is pretty stuck on Dora and Diego.
I don't know about Shaun the Sheep but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. He is a cute little boy with a spunky personality. Very cute kids!
ALL my girls love Shaun the Sheep! Ken has them all on his XBox, so sometimes when the kids want to watch a "movie" and we have a few minutes before bed, we'll turn on an episode. That is so cute that he loves it so much. It's pretty entertaining! :)
Okay that is so darn funny!!! I never heard of the show but I need to check this out!
Post a Comment