Christmas is less than two weeks away! I have been getting Christmas cards and I for some reason was thinking it was still early and I had so much time left before I had to start working on ours, but I guess I really don't! So a few days ago Preston and I dressed the kids up and had our annual Christmas Card photo shoot. We got some cute shots of Corbie and Arden, but we had a little trouble with Dax. He was smiling, but he was usually smiling and blinking, smiling and looking the wrong way, smiling and talking at the same time...you get it. And we didn't plan well and left the group shots for last. Big mistake. Here is a sample of what 99% of our group shots looked like:
Atta boy Dax! But as you can see, Corbie was soooo done. Needless to say, there aren't going to be any group shots on this year's Christmas card. Oh well. Luckily, Corbie was much more cooperative during her solo photo shoot:
Awwww! I am so excited for this Christmas! I know that these magical Christmases while my kids are small and believe in Santa Claus are going to go by so fast. Even though things are crazy and I have to put Christmas ornaments back on the tree every single day, I can remember the Christmases of a few years ago when the only thing I wanted under my Christmas tree was something that looked like this:
I listen to a LOT of Christmas music during the holidays. The other day I heard a song that I hadn't heard before, and I must have been in a sappy mood (or sleep deprived...or both) because it made me a little misty and I liked it so much I went an downloaded it. It is called "A Mother's Christmas Wish" by Jim Brickman and Olivia Newton John and here are some of the words:
I wish you love; a life to share.
And that you find someone to care,
I hope that life is kind to you,
And that all your dreams come true.
This is a mother's Christmas wish
For you.
I wish you peace in heart and mind;
To use your strength, but still be kind.
To learn to give; to learn to lose;
To live the truth in all you do.
This is a mother's Christmas wish
For you.
And when you wake on Christmas Day
With children of your own;
I know then you'll see
What you've meant to me;
You are the greatest gift of all.
Now I better get to work on those cards!
5 comments:
Such cute pictures! :) At least you're doing Christmas Cards...I get so busy during December that it's never on my list of things to do. Way to be on top of it! I'm sad they aren't doing a work party this year, especially since we missed last years to sickness.
Aw-w-w-w. I'm gonna have to find me that song, too! My song when you were little was "Tiny Angels" by Roger Whittaker. One line is "And some day, when you have tiny angels, too, you'll see the joy I have in you."
Good luck on the cards! We have a hard time getting a 'good' family shot, so last year I just did separate pictures of everyone for our Christmas card. But I'm starting to think that the pictures where they may not be doing what you want, but are showing their little personalities are some of my favorites.
They are all so adorable!!!!!!
Sweet song (regardless of the sappiness) and I LOVE picture number one! So great!
Post a Comment