This last week was Arden's very first week in her Sunbeams class at church!
She has been dying to be a "sunbean" for months now. I think that she has been even more excited to graduate from nursery since Daxton started attending nursery with her a few weeks ago. It was great for Dax to have Arden in nursery with him for the first few weeks. She did a great job helping Daxton feel comfortable, especially that first hard week. But Daxton follows her around like a shadow and I think she likes to have a little time away from him once in a while. (The fact that Daxton tackled her and made her hit her head on a toy the second week he was in nursery also might have something to do with her desire for some time apart).
Daxton loves his big sister so much. The first word out of his mouth nearly every morning as I lift him out of his crib is "AHH-DIN?" I am a little worried about how he is going to handle going to nursery without her. (he had a cold last Sunday so we will have to wait until this week to find out).
I have also been wondering about how Dax is going to handle all of the coloring that goes on in nursery without Arden there making sure he doesn't eat the crayons. Every time we color, Dax tries to sneak the crayons into his mouth. He isn't very sneaky...he usually takes a long look at the crayon and then looks up at me with a sneaky little smile on his face to see if I am watching right before he tries to take a bite. Today I thought that I would just let him bite the crayon and hopefully get it out of his system (the label says "non-toxic, right?). Here is his reaction:
Those crayons don't taste so good after all, do they?
2 comments:
Wow...you have a sunbeam now! I think Daxton probably got the item that crayon aren't tasty...love his reaction!
Nope. Crayon wax doesn't melt on your tongue like chocolate. Good luck with next week in nursery!
Post a Comment