.
I realized today that I LIVE IN THE CATERPILLAR ROOM.
.
We color a lot at our house. Or we used to, maybe we will stop. Cora has started eating the crayons. Not just a bite. She would eat a whole crayon if I didn't stop her. I got tired of constantly digging crayon chunks out of her mouth, so we tried markers. She used to suck on them sometimes, but she recently started biting the tips off of the markers and chewing on them like gum until brightly colored slobber starts pouring down her face. I end up digging those out of her mouth now too. (I tried ball-point pens last week but she took one and colored on the couch with it, so we were back to markers.) I was in the middle of a marker-tip extraction today when I noticed Dax had left the room. I found him in the playroom coloring all over the rug and carpet with a bright green crayon. Lovely. So I grab the Resolve and get to work, with Daxton dutifully sitting on the time-out stair. Corbie sat next to him for a while to keep him company. How sweet! However, when I looked up from my carpet scrubbing she wasn't there anymore. I found her in the bathroom emptying the contents of the garbage can into the toilet. And on and on. The Caterpillar Room.
.
It is a good thing they are so dang adorable. Can you tell from these pictures who has the hardest time holding still?
.





Hmmmmmmm....
I just have to tell myself that someday I will miss the Caterpillar Room. It is probably a lot better than the Teenage Drama room, right?
6 comments:
I still haven't seen Toy Story 3 all the way through, our copy won't be making an appearance until Christmas morning. :) But I know how you feel. I think I live in the caterpillar room too!
Matt ate crayons too so we went to colored pencils. Seemed to solve the problem. Good luck with that one!
I love the pictures and I love how Dax is so different in each picture. so cute. I am wondering if Cora likes eating crayons because it reminds her of the yummy candle turkey and grandma's house. :)
I haven't seen Toy Story 3 but I whole-heartedly hear you... except it isn't a room here - it is an entire house. Wowsers can those little people MOVE! Hence my frequent visits to Target - where the mess is minimal and I don't have to clean it up! SOOOO bad!
What a great analogy. Dax is a hoot!
You will survive! I finally painted over the "artwork" going down the basement stairs when you were pretty well into junior high! Ha Ha. Enjoy it (some of it) while they are little. Their games will get bigger and more creative as they get older. Love ya!
I finally watched Toy Story 3 last week and it's AWESOME!!! As for the caterpiller room, we all been there and I remind myself that one day I will miss it!!! Those photos of the kids are so CUTE!!!
Post a Comment