Friday, December 10, 2010

The NO!s and the ABCs

Cora is entering her "terrible two's" a little early. At least the "No" part. Everything for the last week or so gets a great big "NNNO!" from Cora. Here is a conversation we had this morning.

Me: Corbie, do you want some breakfast?
Cora: NO!
Me: No? How about some cereal?
Cora: NO!
Me: Oatmeal?
Cora: NO!
Me: How about some juice?
Cora: NO! Juice?
Me: Do you want juice?
Cora: NO!
Me: Oh, so you don't need a drink?
Cora: NO! Juice Peez!
Me: You want juice?
Cora: NO!
Me: ***sigh***

It is like that all. Day. Long.

Even if she really wants something, she still says NO. I guess she just does it to prove that she can. Dax went through this too, so I know that it will pass someday. I still think of Cora as a baby, so it is sad for me that she is already trying to be so independent! She has to choose what shirt she wears every morning, too. If I try to just grab a shirt for her, she always notices and doesn't let me get away with it.

One of Cora's favorite "movies" (and I use this term very loosely) is the "Letter Factory" DVD from LeapFrog. I got it a few months ago to help Arden with learning to read, but Dax and Corbie love it more than Arden. I let them watch it when we are driving around in the car. Even though it keeps them quiet, I must admit it that listening to that show over and over is pretty painful for me. It is brutally repetitive and pretty dang cheesy, but the twibs LOVE IT. And look at Cora go (sorry for the background noise...that is just how it is around here):

Cora is 19 months old already, and has been doing great in her nursery class. Her nursery leaders told me this on Sunday: "Oh, Cora is doing so great! She is much more well behaved than her big brother!"

Hmmmmmm....Thanks?

6 comments:

Holly said...

What a smartie pants! Reminds me I should dig out our letter factory.

Leslie said...

Sweet!!!!

Ryan and Amber said...

I am so buying the letter factory today. I have a little boy who doesn't say any of his letters - but he does say a lot of cute little other words and mainly he throws toys around like a pro.... Wow - Corbie could literally school him!

Chris W. said...

What a cutie! I can't stand letter factory either but my kids sing it all the time. Don't you love those backhanded compliments? You wonder if you should be happy or insulted! =)

Jessica O. said...

She is so cute. I think all kids say NO! Luke cam say yes but he just always chooses no. Don't be insulted I think Daxton keeps nursery interesting for them.

Unknown said...

She is so smart! Just like her mommy!