Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Little Letters for the week

Dear Valentines Day: You were so much fun this year! Arden looked forward to you like you were Christmas or something. She loved the party at preschool, the little paper hearts we decorated and put up around the house, and the heart-shaped cookies we made in your honor (we all loved those!). I forgot how much fun you could be for kids! Now, if you could only figure out a way to be fun for everyone, even nearly six-foot-tall 7th grade girls, that would be nice. Here are our Valentines-movie-watchers complete with valentines jammies for the girls. (lest you feel bad for the boy, there are no such thing as manly valentines jammies, so Dax got a Cookie Monster shirt instead):
Dear Jerry Sloan: WHAT THE HECK???!?!?!? Is gravity going to resign next??? It is going to take some time to get used to seeing someone else on the bench in your seat. I will miss the way you didn't put up with anyone's crap, your grumpiness during interviews, your technical fouls and your John Deere hat. Enjoy your retirement Jerry, you have earned it.
Dear warmish weather: Welcome back! I have missed you sooooo much!!! It has been so incredibly nice to play outside without having to spend 20 minutes putting coats/mittens/boots/hats/snowpants on three wriggly people only to have to spend another 20 minutes remove said coats/mittens/boots/hats/snowpants after spending only 10 minutes outside because the kids decided it was too cold out there after all. Please stick around a while! See, Dax loves you too:

Dear 4-year-old-Arden's-fashion-choices: I don't understand you. Brown fuzzy boots with a fancy dress and helmet for playing outside? Are you serious? Oh well, I will enjoy you while you last. Someday I will miss you when I have to deal with 16-year-old-Arden's-fashion-choices.

Dear Corbie: Will you please stop growing up so fast!

4 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

So cute - and you're right - no such thing as cute Valentine Jammies for the little dudes. :)

Diane said...

All you Zauggs are SO CUTE. I am glad you are related to me!

Kati said...

What a darling little family you have!

Megan said...

Very fun! I think Valentine's pajamas are a great idea! And Cora does seem to be growing up really fast.