This week my little boy turned THREE!
Well, maybe not so little. He had his doctor's appointment, and his height at weight are in the 95th and 94th percentiles. The doctor said he is as big, if not bigger, than the average 4-year-old. This is no surprise to me since he outgrew his 3T clothes long ago, and we have been buying 4T stuff for Dax for months. He weighed MORE at his 3-year-old checkup than Arden did in March when she went in for her 5-year-old appointment. The kid is big:

But oh-so handsome:

We spent the morning of Dax's birthday at Arden's preschool graduation. She is going to kindergarten in the fall! She has done great in preschool and loved her teacher, Miss Sue:

Dax didn't mind sharing his birthday celebrations with Arden, especially because the graduation ceremony was held at a park and he got to play with his friends after it was over for a while. He then got to choose where we went to lunch, and he chose "the Popcorn Place" (a.k.a. Wingers):

After a lunch of popcorn, popcorn, a hamburger (no pickles!), and a chocolate milk or two, it was naptime! Happily, Dax and Corbie still nap most days, which I am very thankful for.
After naps were over we were off to the zoo. We were excited to take Dax to the zoo because this year they have a bunch of animatronic dinosaurs scattered around this year, and if you know my boy Dax, you know he is ALL about the dinos. First we met some friendly Triceratops-looking creatures. Next we ran into the Dilophosaurus and her baby. Cora was approaching the little one when it surprisingly spit a bunch of water right at her. She FREAKED out and didn't really trust any more of the dinosaurs after that. Here she is trying to climb up Daddy to get away from the mean, water-spitting dinosaurs:

I won't bore you with all of the pictures I took, but I have to post Daxton's favorite, the Tyrannosaurus Rex. It was BIG. Dax was so excited when he first saw the T-Rex, he ran right up to him and was leaning over the fence towards him. Then the T-Rex roared at him, and Dax took a quick step or two backwards:
Here are all of us in front of our favorite dinosaur! He is even smiling for the camera!

We were able to see pretty much all of the animals. The gorilla was walking right next to the glass, and when we got in there he sat down right in front of us and looked right at me. I put my hand on the glass, trying to re-create a scene from Return to Me, but he didn't play along. The kids of course just HAD to do the carousel just once:

After the zoo it was home to eat dinner. I told Dax he could have anything he wanted for dinner. He chose Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Easy enough. Then it was CAKE TIME!

It was a pretty sad attempt at a dinosaur cake, but he was pretty excited anyway. After cake and ice cream, he opened his presents. His favorite seemed to be his new Buzz Lightyear toy. He got a small Buzz for Christmas, but this one actually has lights that light up and wings that pop up and a helmet that does that cool "woosh" thing. His favorite thing is when Buzz says "To Infinity and Beyond!" and then a little song plays while Buzz's wings flash. Dax runs around the room helping Buzz Lightyear fly.

Here are some things about Dax at three years old:
Favorite movies: Despicable Me, Megamind, Tangled and Kung Fu Panda. He is really into quoting movies lately, and does it constantly. His current fave quote is "Oh yeahh!" like Vector from Despicable Me. I hear it all day. It makes me smile.
Favorite color: Green
Favorite foods: Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Corn Dogs, Kiwis and of course pizza.
Favorite drink: Chocolate milk
Favorite thing: Dinosaurs, especially T-Rex
Favorite bedtime friend: Blue blankie(s)
Favorite songs: "Animal" by Neon Trees, Sunbeams, and "Bad" by Michael Jackson.
Other loves: doing puzzles (especially his dinosaur puzzle), taking bubble baths, playing outside, playing hide and seek or duck, duck goose (which he really doesn't quite understand the rules of) and following Arden around.
I love this little guy so much. He has so much personality and life, and there is never a dull moment with him around! Happy Birthday Dax!
6 comments:
I don't have any kids, so it's SOOO fun to hear about your adventures. I absolutely love it and I smile every time I read your blogs. Little Dax is SUCH a cutie! I'm grateful you have such a wonderful kid too! Happy Birthday, Dax!!
He is adorable. And he has a friend in "big kid" land. Kaelster has graduated to 3T clothes now. He has yet to turn 2. Wowsa....
That three years seemed to fly by! Happy Birthday to your little guy. He is so much fun! I love to watch the wheels spin in his head as he deals with his sisters and his Grandpa Haun.
Happy Birthday Dax! He's growing up so fast!
he is such a cute little man. cant believe he is 3!!!!
I love how into Dinosaurs he is. He is such an animated little boy.
Post a Comment