Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring now, please?

Yesterday morning Arden had a soccer game. There was SNOW on the field. There had already been so many games cancelled this spring that the coaches decided to play the game anyway. Everyone was already there since we had to be there for team pictures (that had already been rescheduled once due to weather), so why not, right? However, the game ended at half time because little girls were crying because their socks were soaked through and their little toes were frozen! It was April 30th. No. Fair. Spring, where ARE you??

(By the way, Arden had scored a goal in each of the last two games before this one. GO ARDEN!)

Even though winter seems reluctant to release us, our nectarine trees are trying their best to pretend it is spring:
Cora saw me taking pictures and ran over screeching "I SMILE! I SMILE!" So, here she is:

Those baby blues can brighten up any day. Even when it snowing.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

gorgeous pictures.

Jessica O. said...

I am also over the snow and winter. I am ready to give up on spring sports. Good job scoring, Arden.