Sunday, September 25, 2011

One Last Day of Summer

Was yesterday not theee most beautiful day? Even though next week is October and summer is officially over according to everyone's calendar, we decided to ignore the calendar and have ourselves one last day of summer. So, instead of staying home and mowing the lawn and cleaning up the yard like responsible people do in the fall, we took the wave runners out to Willard like fun summertime people! And oooooohhh it was so nice to feel that warm sunshine and those upper-80s temps. (Especially since I know that before long the snow will be a-flyin'!) It. Was. Heavenly. Here is me, soaking up as much sun as possible:
The water was nice and smooth and sparkly and beautiful (well, as beautiful as the water gets at Willard Bay) and the kids all had a ride or two on the wave runners. Cora and Arden were pretty brave and liked to go "fast," but Dax still gets a little nervous if the speedometer gets much higher than 20 mph. All the kids had tons of fun just playing on the "beach" and building sandcastles with one of their favorite people, my sister Val:
All of us adults got lots of turns on the wave runners and today my wave running muscles are pretty sore. We stayed all afternoon and the weather was pretty much as close to as perfect as it gets. It. Was. Heavenly. (Except for the part where Dax dropped a whole bag of crackers into the lake.) My solar batteries are fully charged.
.
Ahhhh, summer....how I will miss you!!!!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Love that blue sky in your pictures, and the people in your pictures, too.

Jessica O. said...

Oh how I love the weather. I have decided September might be the best weather month. I am like you and I am enjoying this weather as much as I can.