Dax, my dinosaur freak, got an A-Z dinosaur book a while back. It has a dinosaur for every letter of the alphabet. He loves that book, and it has had to be taped together with green tape to keep it from falling completely apart. He used to like me to read it to him at bedtime, but lately he insists on "reading" it himself. I was surprised that he can actually name most of the dinosaurs all by himself. He told me he wanted me to take a picture of him reading it, so I did. If you are in the mood to watch a 3-year old say large words...for example: "D is for Dip-wod-ocus (Diplodocus)" Enjoy! (Actually the video of him reading the whole book was taking forever to upload, so I shortened it a little, so now it is just I - Z or so, but you get the idea).
This kid's mind is truly a mystery to me. Today we were at my Grandma's house, and she was talking about a show she had watched about grizzly bears. Dax jumped in and said something like, "Once if there will be bears in my house mommy will hide but if I am all grown up into Kung Fu Panda, then I will use my super hero Kung Fu Panda super moves to kick it and then mommy don't have to hide any more." What?
2 comments:
Children are complete wonder...I marvel of the things that comes out of their mouth.
Such smart kids you have! You should sign that boy up for kung fu classes immediately, so he can protect you from the grizzlies invading your house. If paleontology doesn't pan out, maybe he will be the next Chuck Norris.
Post a Comment